Sport40 prop

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What where the symptoms that told you it did not like the AA pipe. Mine did not really come on pipe strong. It did not have a distinct "hit the pipe" sound. You ended up with the Mac pipe didn't you?

Anthony,

You may want to try a Octura X646 three blade. I know the Mac45 and the CMB45 HR motors run very well with that prop.

Bert

What where the symptoms that told you it did not like the AA pipe. Mine did not really come on pipe strong. It did not have a distinct "hit the pipe" sound. You ended up with the Mac pipe didn't you?
When the boat hit the water, I usually run a couple of hot laps, then slow down to set myself up on the clock... once I slowed down the engine would not come up once I hit the throttle again, very annoying to my style of driving.

Once I put the Mac's 7.5 pipe on it, it had throttleability that I was looking for

You may have been running that pipe too long, the AB parabolic really wakes up a motor with short pipe length. I run mine at 8 5/8 and she runs good with a x450/2 blade with Barr cut and a little pitch. Contact mark sholund here he has the prop for your setup that will get you to the podium.

Last edited by a moderator:
Start with the X448 and go from there. The X646/3, X450/3 and P230's might work on SOME boats. I never got along with the parabolic pipes and ended up using a Mac's 10 CC AERO pipe. W I D E powerband.

Start with the X448 and go from there. The X646/3, X450/3 and P230's might work on SOME boats. I never got along with the parabolic pipes and ended up using a Mac's 10 CC AERO pipe. W I D E powerband.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

my son's phil thomas we run a cmb purple head gen 1 with a ops 3280 style pipe and a stinger muffler. Its pulling a x452 that has been cupped and back cut and it screamed for more prop but it still was one of the fastest in the district for years. Now he's working on a whiplash that rtr minus fuel weights 6lb 5oz. So we are thinking it may want even more prop since the phil thomas weighed right about 6lb just hull and hardware.

As we talk about props it seems like we go with the just step up diameter with the same pitch. 450 - 452. Etc. should we not be looking for a diameter sets the ride height and then look to increase pitch?

Latest posts

Back