Sport 40 Anyone?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

ggillman

I have been takin a long look at this class and I LIKE IT !!!

You can drop some serious change to be competitive, but the hulls are just wicked lookin, need a winter project anyhow.

Thinkin about the RC Marine Designs Super Sport 45,

length 36"

beam 19"

width 5 "

Its a IMPBA national champion, in epoxy glass.

Around $275.00

Anyone runnin one of these, how do ya like it, what engine and hardware, Etc?????

Gene ;D

I ran a zenoah in one of aeromarine's sport 40's for a while. It was kind of interesting. You are right about the hot looks of the hulls, even the ac can be made into a good looking boat. Lets get a couple and see what we can do.

Mike

Brian Watts with Rocket City Racing in FL has an AC 40 going 72mph with a MAC.... Awesome!!

Hey Guy's

Rob nice hull I like it!!! Mike I think I am hooked, the NAMBA SAW Record for Sport 40II is 81.17 Mph by Mark Anderson with a Mutt II and a Picco, turning a Andy Brown H-30, HOLY SMOKE THATS FAST!!!!!!

Some other hulls I found people running was,

Fisher Sport 40

BBY Eagle

Little Hoss

Anderson Mutt II

MTO Sport 40

Man oh Man the bug has bit!!!! :eek:

Gene ;D

Rob,

No, I don't. I will try to find out but it may be top secret.

Charley

I like the AC model sport 45. It is cheap, it looks fantastic, it is very well built (beautiful craftmanship), it is seamless, and it has a US1 under it's belt.

Good luck!

Hammer

I run an octura x-646 thats cupped and pitched up. With the Mac it turns big time rpm and goes pretty well.

Hey Tony,

The RC Marine is my first choice, anything special you did with rigging or hardware? How do you like the way it handles?

Any info welcome, Excellent looking by the way!!!!

Gene ;D

Gene:

this boat was built 100% to the build instructions, using Speedmaster hardware for the strut and rudder, I used the Speedmaster universal motor mount as well, Aeromarine cowl locks, front radio box (bit of a pain), and a friends turn fin. The build is easy and the boat will run very well after adjusting the strut. Biggest negative is the pinholes in the epoxyglass , just takes some time and several sessions of sanding, filling and priming to get it right. This boat turns an Octura 1455 3 blade and probably heat races in the low to mid 60 MPH range. Boat is Excellent and with someone who could drive (LOL) it would be awesome, !!. If you like I can take pictures of the tub, radio box layout, and hardware... Tony J

I read that the kit builds either radio box in the front or behind the engine with the fuel tank in front, And yes any pics you want to take are welcome, My email is [email protected]

I printed the hull buildup article out that was in RCBM by Bob Hastings, seems like it was Feb 2001 issue.

Any top secret speed tips are welcome too ;)

Thanks Tony,

Gene ;D

I run a plil thomas hull here in dist.12 impba,and all of the other sport 40's are the same hull. We heat race at 55-65 mph and most are running cmb cam 2001 45's. Hardware is Speedmaster and follow phil's setup will give you a good boat to be competive with. I have the stealth cowl and use a 452/3 blade prop backcut with a mac 10cc nitro pipe. As for speed secrets... you gotta take your lumps in this class because its so competitive.

Yeah, from what I have been finding out about the class its growing bigtime in both NAMBA and IMPBA, Sounds cool ta me!!!!! Thanks for all the info everyone ;)

Gene ;D

Gene,

Did you ever get a sport 40? Where would one get info on the R/C Marine.

MikeP

Latest posts

Back