Sport 20

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Thomas

So what was the final outcome of the sport 20 vote with the IMPBA. Transom mounted I hope..........

So you all are sitting around waiting for the vote?

If you can put the strut on the transom and it doesnt work out

you can always cut the shaft shorter and set it up the way is proven to work :lol:

Maybe you can get it in the water before the pond hardens up and let us know how it goes.

Phil

So you all are sitting around waiting for the vote? If you can put the strut on the transom and it doesnt work out

you can always cut the shaft shorter and set it up the way is proven to work :lol:

Maybe you can get it in the water before the pond hardens up and let us know how it goes.

Phil
Are you kidding Phill? I'm the slowest builder on earth. I'll be lucky to have it finished before the water thaws!

I'm waiting on the votes from D2 and the 2 past presidents Pat Kelley and Dick Jones Tony is out of town until the 8th the vote is very close and I have to wiat for these votes.

I'm keeping mine under the transom, that way I won't be embarrassed, because my shaft is short.

LOL :p :p

I'm keeping mine under the transom, that way I won't be embarrassed, because my shaft is short.

LOL :p :p
Jerry,

Sorry to hear about your short shaft,but it is not the size of the shaft that matters,

it is the magic that is inside of the shaft that counts. :D

Good Luck,

Mark Sholund

Wow, just hang me out to dry!!

It's not the length of the shaft, it's how fast you spin it. :p :p :p

So whats the vote anyways! Is it under or hanging off the rear, thats the question> I got to start building my sons before the next season is here.

I have to wait for Tony's return on the 8th to see how Dist 2 voted. HE is the last one and it may end up being a tie dependeding how Tony votes.

So you all are sitting around waiting for the vote? If you can put the strut on the transom and it doesnt work out

Phil
Are you kidding Phill? I'm the slowest builder on earth. I'll be lucky to have it finished before the water thaws!
I haven't even started my sport 20 I bought from Phil this summer. :lol:

I haven't even started my sport 20 I bought from Phil this summer. :lol:

You don't need all that extra work anyway!! Just sell it to me for 1/2 price!! :D

Dan

The results are final the outcome was 8 votes for Amendment B, and 6 Votes for Amendment A, and one abstaining vote. More information will be in the Decmeber issue of the Roostertail.

Bill Zuber

IMPBA President

Last edited by a moderator:
The results are final the outcome was 8 votes for Amendment B, and 6 Votes for Amendment A, and one abstaining vote. More information will be in the Decmeber issue of the Roostertail.

Bill Zuber

IMPBA President
Just like with engine sizes, letters instead of plain old English! :p

In plane english, the rigger comunity got the vote. The strut can be mounted on the ransom just like the outrigger hulls. Yes I did vote, so I can write about this outcome. When I got into this hobby, it was because of the look of the hydroplane design. The sport hydro class in my opinion was ideal for someone who liked the hull but didn't want to start out with 1/8th scale. Now with this vote, the sport 20 class will be nothing more than a modified 20 rigger hull. :(

Gee Im sure glad to see that this will make all the sport 20 boats run like the riggers :lol:

YOU did read the B admendment? :rolleyes: IT did say OPTIONAL strut position not mandatory.

Dont think all the sport boats will look like riggers. HERES YOUR SIGN :lol:

Back