Sport 20 Turn Fins

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris Flynn

Hi All,

I am running a 20 Size whip as an FE. Running a Blazer Turn fin, but am not happy with how it corners.

What are you all using for a turn fin on these hulls??

I have the spedmaster mini rudder if that makes a difference.

It turns OK (not the best) at full speed, but anything less and it is not good.

Thanks

Kris

Try a Mike Hughes hooked fin and see how that works. I have some I bought for some other sport boats to try myself.

Hi All,

I am running a 20 Size whip as an FE. Running a Blazer Turn fin, but am not happy with how it corners.

I have the spedmaster mini rudder if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Kris
Tyndall,,, Tyndall

Hi All,

I have the speedmaster mini rudder if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Kris
The Speedmaster mini rudder is what the build instructions recommend. I ran one of Mike Hughes fins on my PT SS 21 boat and it cornered like it was on rails, I'll be testing it and the Virgina Craftsman fins on my Whiplash when the ice is gone and the water warms up.

Thanks for the info guys! I just remembered I have an old Grimracer 20 size fin to try out also!

Hey Kris,

I'm running a Mike Hughes fin on mine - love it! Been running it for a couple of years now. Got one for my Whip 40 as well.

Cheers,

Scott

Back