Sport 20 hulls/kits: good one to look at?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimZaremski

I'm looking at Sport 20. I've found the blazer Whiplash which I'm inclined to get since my Blazer gas hydro runs so well, but if there are others out there I'm all ears.

The 20 whiplash is great but the radio box sucks.

Not a bunch of room to work with inside the boat neither.

The ML boat has a ton of room as does the PT.

2qamkav.jpg

Www.classichydros.com

I have had much success with my roundnose sport 20. Phil Thomas also makes fiberglass roundnose as well.
default_smile.png
good luck keep us informed whichever route you take

Jim,

Look at an ML Boatworks GP-310 or GP 330. The hull I run is the GP-310. Laser cut kit fits together very well.

Regards,

Bert Dygert

If your not in a big rush to build, I am finishing up the first GSX310 (31") sport hydro kit. This has a dedicated Nitro center section, or FE center section, and should be a major player soon. The GSX380 (38" Sport 40) version is an incredible running hull, as is its big brother the GSX480 gas sport hydro. As you can see, there is tons of room inside this hull as well. This is the nitro version pictured. I have to do the canopy plug next, then all will be ready to offer soon after. This uses the truss technology of the GSX380 and GSX480 gas sport kits, and makes for a roomy, strong interior. The pics below of the unfinished hull are the 310, and the blue one, is a finished 380. Mike, ML Boatworks

IMG_20150919_11302_zpsen1tx43q.jpg

IMG_20150919_28157_zpsctb047lw.jpg

IMG_20150919_50935_zpsuhulzehs.jpg

IMG_20150920_15615_zpswtclbaof.jpg

20150202_070118_zpsxnwcnvej.jpg

GSX380N-CenterCover_zpsgoqor2sn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As you can see, it also has a new design no one else is offering which interlocks the sponsons to the center section a the correct 90 degrees, with no chance for it to not line up, due to the dowel rod and air relief frame that forces a perfect fitment.

gsx380sponsons4-page-001_zpsb3a121ab.jpg

gsx380sponsons2-page-001_zps2c04310b.jpg

Nice design Mike!! I like the idea of the dowel to align things. You may loo at offering sponson replacement kits as some of us do go bouy hunting. Thaks for what you do for the hobby in making great fitting kits that are the best to build even for a novice!!

Brad

I have built and ran the ML kits and have to say they are builder friendly most so over the Blazer due to being specific to either Nitro or FE for the FE I would go with ML no mod's required especially when it comes to taping down cowls. Whiplash needs some mod for easy taping. ML already has it designed for taping. JMHO Jerry

Brad, I can definitely offer replacement sponsons if anyone were to need them!

Thanks Jerry!

Mike, do you have a price set as of yet? Also, when do you expect to have nitro version

kits ready to ship? Put me down for one, please. I don't have a winter project, the build table is feeling lonely.

Robin, Are you looking for a sport 20 or 40 size GSX hull? Let me know. The Nitro and FE version of each size are already designed, and I have cut both in the past already! The sport 20 just needs the cowling plug and mold done, then it is ready to go. But I could get you the wood parts now, and send you the cowling when its ready. Just PM me man! Hope you are doing well, Mike

Sport 20, Mike. The wood parts first would work. I'll pm ya about particulars this evening, gotta hit the wife up for an early Christmas present(-;. I've been doing well, thanx for asking - hope you are doing well also!

Good looking hull is that your own design? Killer. By the way thanks for turning me on to delrin it worked great on my motor mount.

Latest posts

Back