Sport 20 Build PTH Stealth 21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomGracey

I wasn't going to start this till later on in the year but with every thing on Hold. I needed something to do, to stave off cabin fever.

Sport 20 Hydro build
Phil Thomas Stealth 21 CMB Beta 21
All waterproof electronics
All the mock up is done time to break it down for body & fender work

Attachments

• IMG_2176.JPG
    IMG_2176.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_2173.JPG
    IMG_2173.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_2174.JPG
    IMG_2174.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_2175.JPG
    IMG_2175.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_2181.JPG
    IMG_2181.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 123
Looking good, you trusting that receiver to stay working out in the open?
I suggest you install some latches for the cowl now before paint, easy to see the latch position thru the glass cowl.
Zippkitts small cowl latch are a good one to use.

Yep the RX has been Waterproofed with Silicon Conformal Fluid done lots of them with this stuff its how all the Electronics Co waterproof there Electronics. I submerged it @ 2ft for 20 min with no issues
good eye Phil working on the latches as I type

De-case the RX board apply 2-3 coats ( allow to dry between coats) to totally encapsulate the PC board with the Conformal fluid (do not apply to the plug pins) reassemble and use some silicone grease on the servo plug pins to stop corrosion No worries

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 2.09.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 2.09.00 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
Spent a little time out in the machine shop to manufactured a couple of mufflers just in case the long stinger will not pass the NAMBA 95db noise test. These mufflers 1 will have no packing just the baffle the other the baffle is packed with stainless steel wool and which ever one pass's the noise test and is the least restrictive will be the lucky candidate
IMG_2199.JPG
IMG_2200.JPG
IMG_2198.JPG

Last edited:
Hello Tom,

Would you mind sharing the dimensions of your muffler? Looks like a great project to take a shot at.

How do you determine the size of the muffler? Is the muffler your making usable on other sizes of engines Tom?

Thanks for any information you'd like to share. I've been looking for a project to use my dividing head.

If this information is something you don't care to share that's fine. I do understand as it takes a lot of work to develop something like this. You sure do build a fine boat btw. I'm going to make up some pushrods like your's hopefully today. Will be a learning experience as I've never made up a tapered piece before.

Regards,

Lee

Spent a little time out in the machine shop to manufactured a couple of mufflers just in case the long stinger will not pass the NAMBA 95db noise test. These mufflers 1 will have no packing just the baffle the other the baffle is packed with stainless steel wool and which ever one pass's the noise test and is the least restrictive will be the lucky candidate
View attachment 279638
View attachment 279639
View attachment 279640
Nice! Reminds me of the Prather mufflers.

Hello Tom,

Would you mind sharing the dimensions of your muffler? Looks like a great project to take a shot at.

How do you determine the size of the muffler? Is the muffler your making usable on other sizes of engines Tom?

Thanks for any information you'd like to share. I've been looking for a project to use my dividing head.

If this information is something you don't care to share that's fine. I do understand as it takes a lot of work to develop something like this. You sure do build a fine boat btw. I'm going to make up some pushrods like your's hopefully today. Will be a learning experience as I've never made up a tapered piece before.

Regards,

Lee
A friend of mine gave me the idea for the CF steering shaft here is a link to his vido on how to fab. them

View attachment 279638
View attachment 279639
View attachment 279640
You guys are lucky . We need to stay on 80 DB.

Back