Sponson Repair---Part 2

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Taylor

Well thanks to all the helpful replies to my first post, the repair went real smooth. THANKS EVERYONE Now moving along. I made the new sponson tip out of Balsa to keep the weight down. My question now is do I have to seal the wood before painting. If so what should I seal it with??

Thanks again guys,

Rick

Well thanks to all the helpful replies to my first post, the repair went real smooth. THANKS EVERYONE Now moving along. I made the new sponson tip out of Balsa to keep the weight down. My question now is do I have to seal the wood before painting. If so what should I seal it with??

Thanks again guys,

Rick
Rick, I don't remember seeing your first thread; However, if you made your sponson-tip out of Balsa, then your gonna want to seal the Balsa with some sort of shell - otherwise it's gonna dent on you when ever you carry it around(bumping into things). I would've used a hardwood.. Seal the tip with either Epoxy/polyester Resin, sand smooth - then apply finish to it. :)

Back