Sponson Radius

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myrcbud

:blink: Yep it's me again. The newest of all newbies. The guy with all the questions and never any answers in return. I'm in the process of building the Vantage Ultra and hopefully I can sell my OS .81 for the funding of the cowl so that I can get started, which by the way i can't wait to do because here at Camp Lejune we've got a complete wood shop for all my cutting needs. Sorry I don't mean to drift off the original subject. Shortly after I wouldn't mind starting on my 1990 Bud most likely after a quick stop to Iraq first. My point is how is it that builders are able to put a radius on the edge of the sponsons? How's everybody else doin it ? On my Newton plans it isn't so clear about the radius, winglits or the small rear sponson shoes. Can anyone guide me in this area. Would it be easier to just purchase sponson conoes? How are others getting this done? Well I guess thats all I have. Thanks to anyone that can help me and thanks to all the people that keep this great hobby going, especailly in the 1/8 scale class

you mean the outside edge???

that all depends on what the plans call for,

take a pic of the plans in question and ill see what i can do from here...

Shnick :D

If your talking about the top edges ..Extra matiral ( plywood ) is added to the sponson formers at the edge so when the skins are put on you can sand it and get the radius you want.. Same for the tips of the sponsons.. The hydro shoes are added after the bottom is on.. Hope this helps a little...I usely make the winglets and then cut a slot to fit them in..I know there other ways but this works for me,and that who I have to please....

Latest posts

Back