Speed Week III

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Quarles

Supporting Member
Hey guys, I need to pass on some important info for those of you attending. First, if you haven't talked to me to pre-register please give me a call, pm or email to let me know what days you will be there and if you will be running for fun or serious attempts at a record.

Second, you know I like to encourage folks to attend, but more importantly, I try to run the event to maximize the chance for guys to set records. Here are some words I posted a few days ago in another thread:

I'm glad to hear folks are interested in attending. I think it is important to point out that running priority will be given to guys running for records and require certain water conditions. I would like to encourage folks to come down and run even if they don't think they are record fast, but they have to understand run time priority will be given to record capable boats. Some days there is lots of "testing, tuning" time and other days it is one record attempt after another.

I just want to make sure nobody is surprised and gets their feelings hurt if we have to start "rationing" good water conditions.

So far I have only heard from a few folks, but I keep hearing thru the grapevine of a big crowd...I think it is going to turn aout to be another GREAT record trial.

Ya'll have a Merry Christmas and hope to see you in Valdosta.

Glenn

Glen,

We are coming. "We" being myself, Rushing and Talley. Eric Betty and his group should be there too and I am sure he will let you know what days they plan run. The weather will dictate what days we will be there. I will be back in touch with that info. We are looking forward to it!

-Carl,

Thanks Carl, yeah you guys were on my list of "for sures". Eric called me a week or so ago and they are also set. Do you know if Ron Drake is going to make it? I haven't heard anything from him.

Glenn

We plan on being there the 27th thru 30th lets hope the weather holds!!

Last edited by a moderator:
What is nearest motels,I can't get up with Jason by email.

Blue Lake is at I-75 exit 13... 2.8 miles north at exit 16 are a number of motels...

we've been staying at the Quality Inn South, Valdosta, GA I-75 exit 16...

for reservations phone... 229-244-4520

Capt. Ron

Projected weather outlook next week for Valdosta on weather.com looks promising, mid to upper 50's/ low 60's & sunny. Sure beats the upper 30's low 40's by day & 20's at night here. :blink:

Thanks for checking into that for me Don...hadn't got around to it yet. Let's hope the wind is calm!

Glenn
Well if there is any wind forecast above the highs of 6-8mph listed for Mon.-Thurs. then we'll just need to be lakeside before the sun comes up & start running as soon as we can see anything. ;)

It's not so much the speed as it is the direction. Out of the NW is bad, almost anything else can be tolerable...especially for larger boats. If it gets too bad I'll close the motorized roof...but it'll take at least three people...two men to guide the rollers...and one to operate the winch button. The first two to show up can help me...you can do it in about three hours...if you don't take any breaks.

I'll be setting up the lake on Monday the 26th. If I can get all of the alligators out by lunch time...I should be completely through by Monday night.

See you there...Jason

A reminder to all boaters attending this event you will need to make sure you have your membership cards with you or you will have to join at the lake site. Plus the last part of the event is in the 2006 year and you will need to be a current 2006 member to run for that part of the event. Good luck to you all and I hope you keep Glen and Jason very busy. Be Safe!

"you will need to be a current 2006 memeber to run for that part of the event"

Another reason to be a lifetime member! :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back