Speed Controller Repair

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniczar

Forgive me if there is already a topic started on this, I looked but couldn't find one. I have a Hobby King 120A ESC: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18986__Turnigy_AquaStar_120A_Watercooled_ESC_w_Programming_Card.htmlthat has stopped working. It did not over heat or go over on Amps that I know of. It worked just fine at the end of last year, but did not work when I pulled my boat out the other day. I contacted Hobby King for repair but they said it was past the warranty date and would not help me. I was wondering if there was anywhere I could send the ESC to get repaired. I am not sure if there is anywhere I can send it to be repaired, or just time to trash it.

The Aqua Star controllers aren't very tough. I made the mistake of running one for a very short time before the smoke got out. The Turnigy Marine 120 is a much better controller. I have no experience with the latest models, but have around 5 of the older style. The motor is definitely the fuse with this setup in a P spec boat. The secret is a 240 burst current rating of my older ESCs and a massive 720 amp burst rating on the new version.

Lohring Miller

Thanks for the responses guys. Sounds like with theses ESCs its not worth my time. There are others I want to try anyways. Thanks guys

The Aqua Star controllers aren't very tough. I made the mistake of running one for a very short time before the smoke got out. The Turnigy Marine 120 is a much better controller. I have no experience with the latest models, but have around 5 of the older style. The motor is definitely the fuse with this setup in a P spec boat. The secret is a 240 burst current rating of my older ESCs and a massive 720 amp burst rating on the new version.

Lohring Miller
I've run the Aquastar speedos but they don't last long for some reason.. and now running the one you have listed and they work good

The Aquastar was faster but the Turnigy looks like it handles the current better..

Latest posts

Back