Speed Control for E-Rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chunk t

Hey gang,

I'm planning an E-rigger for a summer project. Anybody have pros/cons to my choosing a micro switch over an ESC? I've seen people run both. I'll be running a stock ROAR on 6-cells.

Any opinions???

Chunk T.

a stock motor with 6 cells is a pretty low demand requirement for an esc..... for like a whole $40 you could buy an esc... why even consider a switch?

Chunk

I think Mister T is right. ESCs are cheap right now and there tough. However i have a micro switch in my E-ninja and it works quite well. I would have used my tekin marine ESC but weight was my concern. I had an extra JR 345 servo and so i used it. I also run the boat with 8 cells and 19 turn motor.

I think Mister Tom has some Vid of the boat in the video pages of INTLWATERS.

ROCK-ON

Grimracer

Grimy/Tom,

I think my potential issues will be weight and space. I'm building the tub to be able to hold the cells and motor, they are the two biggest passengers. There's not much differance in speed from on-plane to off-plane on a 6-cell stocker. That's why I'm thinking a switch. A little less weight and a little less drain on the battery. ESCs are pretty efficient these days but every bit I can squeeze out of a cell I'll take.

Mike, I did see your pic.s a while back and the video. Looked awsome!

chunk t

Back