SOS: Saturday Night Lights

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaxracer

Live from SOWEGA at Kim's Big Pond: Good ol' southern cookout at the pond followed up by racing under the lights. I'm seeing smoke on the water. The Summer Outboard Shootout is soon to commence.

image.jpg

B-Sport Tunnel Night Shootout Champion Corey Duncan

B Tunnel Night Shootout Champion Kevin Lee

D Tunnel Night Shootout Champion Jimmy Duncan

Got to thank all the hardcore r/c tunnel boat racers that ran in tonight's shootout! It was an awesome race. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings in the last two rounds of the Summer Outboard Shootout!

Good job guys , hate not being there. You ladies play nice am now
default_tongue.png

Had a blast this weekend. Corey pulled the sweep in B Sport, Kevin Lee pulled the sweep in B Mod, and Jimmy Duncan pulled the sweep in D Mod.

Had a little learning curve on running in August with 100+ degree heat, looking to apply what we learned to next years SOS!

2015-08-02 17.26.56.jpg

Fresh out the wrapper lol

Dad picked it up from the paint shop Thursday morning after getting the clear sprayed and rigged it.

Continued to break the motor in Friday in open water as well as open water Saturday morning. Put our race fuel in it for the first heat and it went!

Can't wait to see what it has when it breaks in!

Congrats to all the winners!

First, WOW! That was a great weekend. Congrats to all of the winners. It was awesome to meet, and talk with all of you.

I enjoyed the hell out of it, and hope to make it back next year. An outstanding site with outstanding people. Thanks to all that attended and put this event on. I learned a ton.

-Joey

Live from SOWEGA at Kim's Big Pond: Good ol' southern cookout at the pond followed up by racing under the lights. I'm seeing smoke on the water. The Summer Outboard Shootout is soon to commence.
I heard that all the guys that went to this race had some serious boat racing fun at the SOWEGA site.

-Carl

I have to thank everyone who came to the race. Congrats to all the winners. Some of the best heads up tunnel racing I've been apart of or seen! The Shootout Under the Lights was AWSOME!! No one was backing off, and everyone was running as hard as they could. Like I said last year, we might not be the biggest tunnel boat race, but we offer the toughest competition at a tunnel boat race. A huge thanks to Kem and Julie Gilley for letting us use the pond, and providing us with great place to race. Another big thanks to Rick Bearden and the SOWEGA Model Boaters for putting on the race. Cant wait till next year! Gonna have to work on having it at a little cooler time of the year. If you signed up and didn't come you should have. If you didn't sign up, and you like RACING R/C tunnel boats you need to come next year!

I would like to thank the Gilley Family they are the nicest people, and what a great pond, Julie you did a great job CDing the event, kept the race running smooth.

The Ducans and Kevin Lee came preparded and was not going to be beat, Brandon Atwell a little under the weather or he would have be right there.

Mitch thanks for the help with the Gas Tunnell.

Rick thanks for putting on the event, this really is a great pond and would love to see more racing here,

see you next year

Greg Rowe

Thank you to everyone that make this race possible. It truly was one of the best times I have had racing anything in the last 25 years. Just a great bunch of people that made each person feel welcome. The pork chop dinner was delicious and the lake itself was clean and beautiful. Congrats to all the weekends winners. I will have race highlights on the first episode of RC Boating Today, which will be on youtube after it airs on TV.

Next year we should have T shirts made that say I BEAT THE HEAT in Georgia!

Thanks again, Jeff

This past weekend at the 2015 SOS was a blast! The saturday night shootouts were some of the best racing I've seen in awhile. I'd like to say thank you as well to the Gilley's, Bearden's, and everyone who came out to attended the second annual SOS. Met Joey Jones this past weekend at the race, he's one of the new guys everyone needs to watch out for. He is going to be tough to beat when he gets a little more time under his belt. His B Sport Vision was running really good. Jeff Maturo, I cant wait to see how this past weekends video footage turns out. Once he did a few adjustments to his P Spec Dragon that boat was moving! The only thing missing this past weekend was TONYA, hopefully Mitch and the boys will let her come and play next time. Congrats to all of the weekends winners. Cant wait for next year.

Harold

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that I've had a chance to sleep off some of that weekend sickness, I'd like to give a round of applause to a first class event.

Those that made the long haul were treated to an incredible weekend of racing. Night racing was a complete success, and some of the most fun racing I've ever done. Highlight of the weekend was definitely the pork chop dinner, courtesy of the Gilleys.

Congrats to the Duncan's for putting on a great race, and managing to win most of their own trophies back. Lol

Kevin Lee for having one of the baddest Mod B tunnels I've ever seen. It's even legal to run in Sport B
default_smile.png

Dad even managed to walk away with 3 mugs. Did everyone really have that bad of a weekend? Lol

Great to see everyone, and it was great meeting you Joey! Hopefully you can make it to more of the outboard races in the future.

Hope to see more of y'all there next year,

The Atwells

Latest posts

Back