some help on rigger info

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krusty 181

Hello all , hoping some one can tell me a little about this rigger , i was led to believe it was a jaguar or jaguar copy (dont quote me on this) its 40" long and 20"wide , i also believe it was to run in the 67 class ,

now i have a new cmb 67 and a ops 80,but i also have a scale boat that will want the 67 , any ideas on how it will run with the 80 in it (i know it will push it up a class) and if it a really bad idea or not , what can i realistically expect from it

Any help appreciated

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10235 (if it works) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew,

From my experience - 67 riggers run well with 80's in them....... in fact a lot of boats are sold as 67/80 size, BUT it means it races in X hydro rather than C hydro. In X hydro you will be racing against twins in generally rough water after a few laps. Also, nothing against the OPS80 specifically, but you will be way down on power against the 90's, 1 cube singles and the twins. I have an 80 hull and a more modern 80 engine than the OPS for it, but switched to a 90 engine for the extra power as it gives you more options. I also have a 67 sized boat for C hydro.

If you build your boat light it should be capable of some good speeds, but a smaller, light boat in rough water can be "interesting" to heat race....... been there done that!

If you put a 67 in it you can race it in C hydro - no twins to make the water rough, so a light boat would work better than X, but still fast and close racing.

Tim.

That doesn't look like a Jaguar. Looks more like a scaled up Dumas Hawk. I don't think Dumas made a 67 hawk so it might be a scratch built boat that resembles one.

At 40" you might be pusing it a bit with an 80. Like Tim said it will be a rough ride when twins get in there and churn up the water so you'll have to drive your butt off to find clean water and hold off the faster boats to win.

sounds like FUN!!!

Hello all , hoping some one can tell me a little about this rigger , i was led to believe it was a jaguar or jaguar copy (dont quote me on this) its 40" long and 20"wide , i also believe it was to run in the 67 class ,

now i have a new cmb 67 and a ops 80,but i also have a scale boat that will want the 67 , any ideas on how it will run with the 80 in it (i know it will push it up a class) and if it a really bad idea or not , what can i realistically expect from it

Any help appreciated

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10235 (if it works) :)
:ph34r: Not Jagaur because differnet rear sponsons . It look like almost 90 Cobra II rigger copy or Hornet rigger but cowling and turn fin are not come in

Rough ride?

Wouldn't know cause I drive a twin :D

Andrew, who did you get the boat from?

That might shed some light on who built it. Anyway there aren't too many guys around the land of Oz making boats these days.

Was that boat on the shelf at Xcell products in Milperra by any chance and were the rear sponsons attached? Looks familiar. I'm not 100% sure but I think I know what it is.....based on your answers.

Thanks all for your help , its certainly narrowing the field ,

Justin i have sent Tim a pm as he was spot on with guess where it came from , just want to try and find out more about this hull before it gets money spent on it

i know its not going to match any of the later model boats -eagles etc , but i gotta walk before i learn to run :rolleyes:

I'm 99% sure it's a scratch built boat built By Mr. Alan Smith, formerly a member of the Sydney Club. I used to live two blocks from him but we have both moved houses since then and I believe he got out of boats. (Sorry, I don't know his whereabouts these days.)

I saw the boat early in the build stages. Sponsons were only 1/2 sheeted at the time.

There is one other boat like this that I know of, owned by a Sydney Club member and it has a MAC67 in it.

He built some absolutely beautiful scale boats from Newton plans too. A real perfectionist.

Tim.

Yes Grub,

Yours came thru the hands of Mr. Ramsay, and was previously owned by a friend of Alan's if memory serves me correctly. There were a few others I can remember too. A Picco powered Miss Budweiser Shovel and also a York boat (which I believe lives in Port Macquarie these days) and they were all works of art. Always did well in concourse as well as on the pond.

Tim.

Thanks again Tim for the info , and thanks to all others that offered help , its always appreciated

Andrew

Latest posts

Back