• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD- new RTR 1/8 scale 1994 Bud T-4

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
With great reluctance I am placing my 1994 Bud T-4 up for sale. A large project requiring some additional finances puts her on the market. This boat is BRAND NEW & just finished, it has not even touched the water yet so motor break in & final trim adjustments will be needed. Here's the details-

'94 Bud T-4 DPS hull. DPS hulls are known for being very fast & superb handling. For anyone who has tried to get one it's **** near impossible & will cost you almost $800 bare hull in the raw if you can (the craftsmanship & construction of this hull is about the best I've seen from ANY builder, Fritz included). The paint is all PPG acrylic urethane & graphics are from Pacific Marine. (Concours pic also included) All Speedmaster hardware has been polished to a mirror finish. The new fully prepped MAC67 has not even been fired yet. CMD 3rd channel needle & CMD quiet pipe (the pipe was run on another boat, all other hardware is NEW) All Futaba radio gear including 9405 servo for steering & 3101's for throttle & 3rd channel. New 5 cell 1500mh nicad pack. The radio is the Futaba 3PDF-FM on channel #81 (radio has a little time on it, used it a couple runs on a r/c car). Twin tanks in front canards & hopper give a 23oz. total fuel capacity. With the location of tanks & forward custom built radio box this hull balanced out great. This is a beautiful boat with a TON of time & $$$ invested in it (yes, this is the same boat shown in the "projects" thread last spring). As above, EVERYTHING except the pipe & transmitter are NEW. Like I said I HATE to sell it but priorities make this necessary. All you will need to run (besides the usual support gear) is batteries for the transmitter. Pics will be posted on my pic gallery here- https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10016

Selling price is $1800 which for anyone who has built a concours quality scale can tell you, this is a deal. Shipping & insurance are additional & it will ship in a custom built box/crate for hull & 2nd box for cowl, wings, radio.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don

thanks for the references

The T4 is a delight!!

unfortuneately shipping USA to Oz is horrific lol

Don would you consider Florida a good home :rolleyes: I am mulling it over but have to check on a few things before I can commit.

Ron Byrd

RaceCraftBearings said:
Don would you consider Florida a good home  :rolleyes: I am mulling it over but have to check on a few things before I can commit.
Ron Byrd

69610[/snapback]

Absolutely! Especially knowing it would go to a good friend. :D

Oh Boy!! I will have to deal with the Byrd Man in Scale as well as Sport 40. The Scale Class might be too much for someone in such a fragile condition! ;) hey Ron, that was some good racin in Brandon. hope you do the deal with Don- the boat looks awesome!!! MARK

Mark Walter said:
Oh Boy!!  I will have to deal with the Byrd Man in Scale as well as Sport 40.  The Scale Class might be too much for someone in such a fragile condition! ;)   hey Ron, that was some good racin in Brandon.  hope you do the deal with Don- the boat looks awesome!!!  MARK
69650[/snapback]

Hey Mark-

I hope Ron gets it also, I'd like to see it go to a good friend. It is an awesome boat, the pics simply do not do it justice. B)

It is sold. Ron was not the buyer, I hoped he would get it but someone beat him to it.

Don Ferrette said:
It is sold. Ron was not the buyer, I hoped he would get it but someone beat him to it.
69805[/snapback]

why did we end the auction early?

Mike Byer

I don't remember anything in the add about that it was for sale elsewhere, not the way I thought an auction should work, whos to say what it might have brought if the auction had run it's course. Kind of a waste of ebay fees, but if that's the way you want to do it ok.

Mike Byer

Mark you still have to look out for my Pay N Pak should I decde to bring it out of retirement :p

See ya in Palm Bay.............

Mike Byer said:
I don't remember anything in the add about that it was for sale elsewhere, not the way I thought an auction should work, whos to say what it might have brought if the auction had run it's course. Kind of a waste of ebay fees, but if that's the way you want to do it ok.Mike Byer

69850[/snapback]

What do you think this thread was? Geez, gimme a break, you can end an Ebay auction at any time for various reasons, do a little research on there. Unless you were ready to pay the asking price it doesn't matter does it? <_<

paste from ebay

Note: Sellers are not permitted to cancel bids and end listings early in order to avoid selling an item that did not meet the desired sale price. This is considered to be reserve fee circumvention. Although there are legitimate reasons for ending a listing early, abuse of this option will be investigated.

Just my opinion that once an item is offer to the pubilc for sale in the form of an auction, that it should be run to its conclusion. I use ebay to sell a lot of stuff, and I will not end an auction early for any reason, it's just not fair to the people that have shown interest in the item and bid on it. The way you have handled this auction, you will never know just what it would have brought, possibly more than you sold it for, but mabe not. If you had an interested buyer, they probably would have been there at the end of the auction as well. Just like you don't agree with some of the values that I place on the equipment that I offer for sale, I don't agree with you auction ethics.

Mike Byer

Mike I dont want to get in the middle of this but I dont recall the word auction ever mentioned by Don in his post. I expressed interest in the boat but stated to him in an email that I would need to check on a few things before I could commit. I also stated that I respected his need to sell and if someone came along that had the cash to do what ever he needed to do.

Ron

Last edited:
Hi Ron

Like you I don't want to be in the middle of it either but I did see it on ebay but I always thought you could end the auction any time you choose for whatever reason you had as long as it was not in the last 24 hours. I too have used ebay quite often and yes I have ended auction's early. My choice I thought.

Mike Byer said:
paste from ebay
Note: Sellers are not permitted to cancel bids and end listings early in order to avoid selling an item that did not meet the desired sale price. This is considered to be reserve fee circumvention. Although there are legitimate reasons for ending a listing early, abuse of this option will be investigated.

Just my opinion that once an item is offer to the pubilc for sale in the form of an auction, that it should be run to its conclusion. I use ebay to sell a lot of stuff, and I will not end an auction early for any reason, it's just not fair to the people that have shown interest in the item and bid on it. The way you have handled this auction, you will never know just what it would have brought, possibly more than you sold it for, but mabe not. If you had an interested buyer, they probably would have been there at the end of the auction as well. Just like you don't agree with some of the values that I place on the equipment that I offer for sale, I don't agree with you auction ethics.

Mike Byer

69877[/snapback]

Why are you are so concerned with the fact I ended the auction early? If you were THAT interested in it you, as did any other "interested" person had the "buy now" option. The auction was ended thru Ebay services & I had to pay the fees as they require to end early by their rules.

The person who did buy it didn't see it on Ebay, or here at I/W for that matter, he was told about it from a fellow scale boater in his area. He knew the value of a Concours quality scale & bought it.

You're right I didn't agree with some of the prices you placed on your stuff. But I didn't go & POST it in a public forum so don't even start talking about "ethics". <_<

Back