Smaller Nitro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammerhead

I picked this up at a garage sale. Did some research on it. It is a Sea Fury .049 made by K&B in the 50's.

It was in pretty sad shape when I got it. It had about a half tank of syrup, the carburetor was completely clogged.

The fuel line was hardened to the point it crumbled when I took it off. I found some silicon line on eBay. 1/6" ID. It the line itself is the seal for the tank.

It still doesn't seal well. I think I'm going to get some brass pipe to push into the fuel line where it penetrates the tank to expand it enough to provide a better seal.

It runs really rich and the tank only lasts about 30 seconds. It looks like the needle has been chopped. It might be hard finding a replacement, so I will have to work on it a bit.

When I get it running good, I'm going to build a 15" long C-Class Hydro (Kneeler) to put it on. I have never been one to put stuff on the shelf to look at. I'm gonna get it on to the water and have some fun.

It has a worn out clicker on it to hold the position of the motor for free running. I'm going to get rid of that and make a steering arm so I will be able to control it with a servo. No speed control though. I have never needed it before, why now, hah?

If anyone has a needle for one of these, let me know.

Enjoy!

Marty

https://youtu.be/gd1kYCvCxBo

Back