Small Gasoline power for marine use

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbert Pun

Apart from existing Quickdraw, Zenoah, J & G and etc big capacity and powerful gasoline engines, I am wondering if there are others out there with less than 20c.c. capacities and much smaller gasoline engines that are suitable for smaller boats or scale boats.

Gilbert

HPI makes a 15cc gas engine with fuel injection. I've heard that losi does also, but i haven't looked for info on it.

This might be of interest... I'd basically a gasoline powered replacement for a .21 (3.5cc) motor... It comes in one of the new Losi truck offerings. Looks pretty cool. CDI ignition, etc...

http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=DYNE0505

DYNE0505-450.jpg

This might be of interest... I'd basically a gasoline powered replacement for a .21 (3.5cc) motor... It comes in one of the new Losi truck offerings. Looks pretty cool. CDI ignition, etc...

http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=DYNE0505

DYNE0505-450.jpg
But, they are air cool engines for flying machines!
The original boat engines were all air cooled airplane engines before people started modifying them for marine use. There's no reason we couldn't do the same with this engine.

Yes, you are talking about 50+ years ago when we first use air-cool engines and home brew them, by putting on water-cool jacket and heavy flywheel, for marine use,

Any manufacturer out there making marine use gasoline engines except Zenoah PUMs.

Just keep in mind that a motor on gasoline will not make anywhere near the power of the same sized motor on nitro. I would doubt a 15cc motor on gas would push say an 1/8th scale at comparable speeds to a .67 nitro or FE.

Evolution Engines has different small sizes gasoline engines for airplane, but can they be modified and used on boats??

Just keep in mind that a motor on gasoline will not make anywhere near the power of the same sized motor on nitro. I would doubt a 15cc motor on gas would push say an 1/8th scale at comparable speeds to a .67 nitro or FE.

Yup... I think that's why Dynamite made a .31 sized (5.1cc) to go in place of what would have been a .21 sized Nitro application...

I do think that Gas power in these sizes could be very interesting for racing applications moving into the future. Obviously, the class power structure would have to be thought out a bit.

One of the example, I enjoy running a classic British kit Sea Queen cabin crusier 47" long 14" wide, with a 4S brushless motor, (but people were putting a 60 nitro into it 40 years ago), it is lacking some engine sound at the moment with FE. Somthing too fast too powerful would be out of scale speed.

I have decided not to run nitro anymore 15 years ago.

Like to consider Gasoline, any suggestions?

Thanks, Rudy, so I have to wait till someone decide to make watercool engines.
Might be able to make an old Octura cool clamp work on a round head engine. A call to Octura or a shout out here may shake one out of the dust bin of some old hobby shop.

Latest posts

Back