Small Extended Strut

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Warren

What & Who`s hardware is being used for a Small (20 size) extented strut for 20-45 JAE?? Not looking for a 3/16 bore 40 size extended strut. thanks jw

Joe speedmaster also has the strut you are looking for they will be at the winternats.
Speedmaster Dont build a 20size Extended strut. They Do build a 40-60 blade with a 1/4 hole, It is way to big........ I like Martins idea to turn the 20 size strut blade around & cut the Nose off.

joe, i'm guessing you want adjustability, because you don't mention the zipp or jim mamaril billet struts. zipp's is made with 1* neg., while jim's is 0*. i have measured kentley porter's strut, the zipp strut with a 3/16" spacer/mount block mounted as per instructions regarding the ski, is an exact match ;) . he uses an adjustable strut, the zipp strut was made to mimick his set up. i race with kp, his boat is an awesome heat racer, not just for saw......

Last edited by a moderator:
joe, i'm guessing you want adjustability, because you don't mention the zipp or jim mamaril billet struts. zipp's is made with 1* neg., while jim's is 0*. i have measured kentley porter's strut, the zipp strut with a 3/16" spacer/mount block mounted as per instructions regarding the ski, is an exact match ;) . he uses an adjustable strut, the zipp strut was made to mimick his set up. i race with kp, his boat is an awesome heat racer, not just for saw......
yes I want it adjustable.

Check the Speedmaster sport 21 hydro extended strut SPDS-005-F for flat or SPDS-005-R for round bottom
http://www.rossisales.com/transomstrut.html

Check the Speedmaster sport 21 hydro extended strut SPDS-005-F for flat or SPDS-005-R for round bottom
Don that is actually a 40-60-90 blade drill for 1/4 tubing. but the actual size is (BIG) They redrill same part to 5/16 for bigger applications... someone has made a few out of stainless tubing & plate & are very small & easy to drag thru the water.

Don that is actually a 40-60-90 blade drill for 1/4 tubing. but the actual size is (BIG) They redrill same part to 5/16 for bigger applications... someone has made a few out of stainless tubing & plate & are very small & easy to drag thru the water.
Aeromarine 21 stainless stut has a very small profile but you'll need to drill out the pre-mounted led tef bushings to run the brass stuffing tube all the way thru. http://www.aeromarinerc.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=93&Itemid=53

joe, let me look at the house tonite, i have a small stainless plate style like you mentioned. no mounts, just the strut, but the mount plates should be the easy part. not sure if it's 3/16" or 1/8" though. i'll post something on it this evening.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Aeromarine strut looks like the original Roadrunner struts that were stainless blanks soldered to the brass tube. Very thin. The challenge was to get a good solder joint from the brass to the stainless. I still have some of those I had from the early 1990's.

For a JAE, the bottom ski shields the strut and does not contact the water. Why the need for one of these types for a JAE boat?

another thought, joe. the strut i have came in a "box lot" that included some FE stuff. maybe look on rumrunner or offshore electrics sites.

I made one like this for my JAE21 back when the Zippkit strut was not available yet.

strut1.jpg

The Aeromarine strut looks like the original Roadrunner struts that were stainless blanks soldered to the brass tube. Very thin. The challenge was to get a good solder joint from the brass to the stainless. I still have some of those I had from the early 1990's.

For a JAE, the bottom ski shields the strut and does not contact the water. Why the need for one of these types for a JAE boat?
John the kit ones are Non adjustable. Looking for a small srut blade & adjustable for angle changes.

Joe you might want to try to contact Randy Naylor at Blu By You.. He makes alot of stuff for the fast Elec guys like those small struts..

http://www.rossisale...ansomstrut.html
The speed master is what I use on my 20 hydro and it is a small strut. I cut the mounting blade down and cut the taper off the front to make for adjustment ease with the ski on my rigger. You can make all the normal strut adjustments with this setup.

David

joe, pm me your addy. i have 2 i'll send you. they are for 1/8" drive, but if the bushings were pushed out, 3/16" will fit just fine. one is the stainless blade & tube like you describe & the other is a small octura. free, if you want 'em.

The Speedmaster Sp20 extended struts I have seen are definitely smaller than the 45 sized stuff. Such as this one - http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ros-Sport-20-strut Exactly the same blade and brackets as the small Speedmaster stuff (such as that mounted on my Whiplash Sp20). I've seen these mounted on JAE21GE boats, but the nose it cut off to fit in the ski.

The CMDi strut is also very nice, and well priced too.

Latest posts

Back