small cats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speakerboy

he guys .. i still have that .16 engine and the winter is comming .. i ve not seen many diff cat,s wit ha very small engine .. mostly the tunnels start at .21 enginess and the cat models start at .40 ore so.? what if we built up a small electro cat with a .12 ore .16 engine. ? any one have one .?

i am thinking of building up a 21 inch cat hull with that .16 engine .. wonder if that would run a bit .. ;)

jerome

Remy showed me one at the Toledo show that Aeromarine was supposed to have had out by September but nothing on their web site yet. It is a really cool hull that they lan on selling as a RTF. At the time, he had a CEN Racing .16 in it with a Pro Boat Miss Bud header and I don't remember what pipe. I wouldn't mind having one myself but maybe only as a hull and hardware kit. I wished that I had taken a shot of it. It is a duplicate of their Avenger, the "Drambuie on Ice" boat, just smaller.

If you want to build one from plans, with a little messing around, Jay Turner's electric XL Cat might have possibilities.

If I built one, I would think that 24" would be about right without cramming gear into it.

I told Wade that a Cat might be a seller if we ever get things going.

he ron thats sound like the one i am working on . this is a very old Graupner key west hull .. ment for electric . i took the deck of and cleaned out the inside than i reinforced the inside with some glass and epoxy . did the engine rails the same time and built up some mounts for the .16 CEN engine , tonight i glued in the wooden frame for the 2 servo.s behind that frame are 3 "tywrap" feet's for the receiver and battry , i am goingto run "open "servo.s in this one .. the fuel tank is all the way back in the left sponsor . the engine is mounted a bit more upfront , i espect a bit more power than a electro engine and therefore a more forward C/G

the header is a small cen 90 degrees 2 inch header , and a CMB .15 pipe ..

the drive is from Hydro and Marine i need to fabric a rudder for it ..

the deck need some reinforcements too and than i will glue it back on and give it a bit of paint .

microcat.jpg

hope this one runs nice ..

jerome

Back