Skid fin

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinslip

Hi guys. Could I get a rough idea on how deep below the sponsoon should the skid fin be? I have a gas scale T6 hydro

Thanks

Norm

Norm,I can't tell you what depth the skid fin should be,but on my gas scale T-6 the fin extends 3 1/2" below a line extended from the bottom of the sponson to the bottom of the ride pad.The hull as you know is a slightly modified ML Boat framing kit.The fin is straight,scale looking with a multitude of bolts and turnbuckles with no hook on the bottom,mounted on an approximately 17 degree angle.The boat has very little run time on it.The present speed is in my opinion slower than 1/8 scale,but the modded K-30 and the right prop are waking this boat up.The boat does not hook with full right rudder which produces a tighter turn than an IMPBA buoy layout.At this point there is no weight in nose and CG is about 1 1/2 to 2" behind sponson.Front canard was set about 15 degrees up at the back.Presently sanding before paint and can not do any testing.

Harvey

Thanks Harvey. I guess I mounted mine a bit too high. It's below the sponsoon by only 2" I don't know if this is bad or not. As you know this is my first boat and have alot to learn and need to ask these questions. In my other posts I've been concerned with barrel rolls and was concerned with the turn fin being to shallow. I know I'll have to work on the setup a bit more.

thanks

Norm

Latest posts

Back