Silicon tuned pipe coupler

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Recker Jr.

Where can I find them? Does any hobby shop sell them? Mine is old and burning on the inside. Looked on Home Depot and everything they have will burn, won't take the heat. I am running a CMB 45 with an OPS 40 pipe. Current white pipe tubing between the header and pipe is 1/4" thick and the OD (which really doesn't matter) is 1"

Regards.

Jim

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks gentlemen.
default_smile.png

Jim,

I have a foot of it I can hook you up with on the weekend if you're going to the Power Stroke Race. I'll bring it along.

Ron

Where can I find them? Does any hobby shop sell them? Mine is old and burning on the inside. Looked on Home Depot and everything they have will burn, won't take the heat. I am running a CMB 45 with an OPS 40 pipe. Current white pipe tubing between the header and pipe is 1/4" thick and the OD (which really doesn't matter) is 1"

Regards.

Jim
http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/121/128/=xp6udh

Tim jones has what you need and is great to deal with. I have also found silicon hi temp hose on Mcmaster-Carr website too. I have switched to the Teflon couplers and have no burn issues anymore.

If you go to your local industrial hose supply house they often have a cut off bin of 3/4" silicon heater hose that they will give you at a great price. I like the stuff with single band of reinforcement. I got some with two bands one time and it was hard to stretch over the end of the pipe. It's so cheap that I just change it out every 3rd race or so. Gives me a good opportunity to clean the gunk out of the pipe and header at the same time.

Back