should we allow Gerald Carijuton to stay a member?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

should we allow Gerald Carijuton to stay a member?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should allow him to stay until outstanding issues are concluded. No new items. After that he should be disallowed the priveledge of using this forum.

I got my stuff when he said I would and it was what I ordered. I have no issues with him.

Tom,

I've read all the posts on this.... why are you asking this?? (You must know more than I've read?). You made him prove he isnt someone else.... and it appears so far he is shipping/delivering what he is promising.... so what is going on here??

I dont know the guy... so I'm not trying to defend him (or oppose him).... I just dont remember ever seeing such hoopla about a new member selling a bunch of stuff.

I'm not voting on something I know so little about; reminds me of voting on our gov't! :)

I respect all you do Tom, which is why I'm asking, "Why all the fuss?"

Guess that question is one of his conduct and willingness to unscrew those who are currently being screwed ?

What has he done to warrant getting the boot? I've seen him selling his stuff, and people are saying that they are receiving purchased items. Are there any who have not?

I don't know the guy and will probably never talk to him. So asking us to judge him is a bit heavy handed. We start going down this road and next thing you know, those how post controversial views could get the kick next.

If he is ripping people off, Why buy from him. By now everyone has read the posts. If no one buys from him then what damage can he do? And character assassination by virtue of relationship is a very low practice. And the poop has really hit the fan.

What happens on the boat dock has nothing to do with IW. If we start eagle-eyeing people for what is said and posted on other websites then we are no different than teenage gossipers.

Next thing you know, I could get kicked off cause people find out my wife of 18 years is black.

Unless there is something going on that members don't know about, I don't see how this is legitimate at all. And if there is something members don't know about that has nothing to do with IW then it's not really our business anyway.

I think this was all started by questioning his identity. He HAS been verified. Whats the beef against him now? (I kinda had a problem with questioning who he was in the first place.)

I know of quite a few senior members here on IW that contribute absolutely ZERO to the community except for selling thier stuff on the 'For Sale' and 'Distributors/Manufacturers' forums. Not a single post in any of the other forums. Not sharing their knowledge, skill, or experiences at all. How can we accept this practice from them and then view a new member negatively for doing the same? Just because some members are popular in certain circles it's OK? I think not.

I for one see no reason to ban anyone from this site unless there is a **** good reason. Even then personal opinion by those judging should be questioned.

And I am not going to be a party to even voting on this poll.

Leave the dude alone. If he's ripping people off, he'll get his in the end.

/B

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess that question is one of his conduct and willingness to unscrew those who are currently being screwed ?
SS you screwed yourself, in too big of a hurry to get a deal, even broke Jim's rules by buying it thru a pm. You know you should have asked for more pix, mistake #2. Unless something is new in the box, with pix to prove it, it's not worth having no matter how cheap it is. Keep in mind people are selling this crap because it don't work most of the time. I've made the same mistake and have thrown away several pieces that I've bought and not asked enough questions. So dry the tears, run it thru the band saw and get over it.

Mike Byer

I don't think Scott "screwed himself" by trusting a fellow boater. Why do we need guys that scam people on here? I can't think of a reason.

I hate to see this come to something like this. I would rather see some sort of rating system for sellers on here. Simply number of sales and satisfied or not satified. If someone was below 90 percent satisfied I would think it was more than just "sour grapes". Because of the feedback from people I consider trustworthy here I would be hard pressed to buy from this guy. Just don't want a "witch hunt" either. Banning is a bit severe as I don't think sales will be up as the court of opinion has spoken. I cannot vote on others opinions.

Mic

as an outsider looking in,,, ive seen gerald sell a ton of stuff in the last couple weeks/month..... I have only seen one issue with what he sold,,,and that was with the hull sold to scott.... as far as a pipe that hasnt arrived yet,,,,well,,, time will tell,,but seeing a photo of the customs declaration makes you think it was shipped,,,just hasnt gotten there yet.... i have to agree that him being banned really isnt the answer,,specially if he has pending deals,,that puts both parties out.... Even abrasive bill :lol: see's this isnt the answer... it is kinda a (witch hunt).....

ac

Bill, once again, you rock brother...... I'm along those lines, easily..... forced to actually post a picture, etc, Gerald acquiesced, and complied, which was way over the top if you ask me.... i talked with him, for support, and he came off as a great person..... No, i havent bought, dealt or wanted to from him, but I would..... Bad business dealing and whatever issues with other members, are none of my business, basically and intensively , should be worked out between the parties involved only...... IMO, easily, and surely we can all find better issues to deal with than ripping apart boaters, in, out, getting in, getting out, whatever.... who's next?..... Worry about the things that are important..... life's too short. Buncha sharks waiting for the next issue, the next person to eat on..... Chris Wood is done, ask him.... the people ate him down.... and the domino effect it had on District 4 still isnt over...... cause and effect, I got a ton of stuff here ready to dump.... scared to death, of course, because, what " only 2 gallons through it", or "used hull/hardware", doesnt mean boxed engine, nor a concourse rated boat....... so, I'll blow them all up myself, and dumpster hulls that could maybe make somebody smile somewhere..... give them away?.... no, somebody'll *****....... loss of future boaters..... congratulations, as, the BS, and innuendo, will show me the door..... and prevent new people reading all the crap from wanting in..... Gerald, good luck brother, I'm sorry the spirit of the hobby wasnt extended enough for you to stay.... we aint all bad. Mike

SS you screwed yourself, in too big of a hurry to get a deal, even broke Jim's rules by buying it thru a pm. You know you should have asked for more pix, mistake #2. Unless something is new in the box, with pix to prove it, it's not worth having no matter how cheap it is. Keep in mind people are selling this crap because it don't work most of the time. I've made the same mistake and have thrown away several pieces that I've bought and not asked enough questions. So dry the tears, run it thru the band saw and get over it.

Mike Byer
Mike,

You don't have the facts ... Actually via PM Gerald offered me the boat weeks in advance of his listing. At that time declined due to it being a RX layout.

Only after hull was listed for near 2 weeks did I ask tub width to see if perhaps a SX engine would fit.

So your dead wrong ... no quick to snag a deal going on. I actually had been talking with Gerald for near a year as he was working on the design stating I was liking what I saw.

Only upon actual receiving hull was it obvious what was represented in what it was and came with for hardware fell SO short of reality.

Been doing this hobby long enough to have a clue when those who are tight for money attempt to sell there crap to the first sucker that bites.

Gerald may very well be a good guy and sold much to many who are satisfied. This case however is a blatant rip off dumping total garbage for money.

See: http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showtopic=47387

$165.00 is chump change IMO ... this go's much deeper as one of principle.

We serious R/C boaters are a VERY SMALL community and those who feel what happens on another site does not effect you here are dead wrong !!

Poison in the pond poisons everyone downstream ... think about it ?

Well I think the real point is that if a customer is not happy with a purchase, then the seller should make good, on the sale. If that is not done it does affect someone creditability, I don't realy know this guy but, I have heard more bad things then good and he totaly made up a story about me, that was not true, so I don't like what he did or what he has said I say boot him another point is if he is hooked up with Mike Capolino he needs to go Mike stole $500 from me. But to be hounest I am a member of the boating community and have been since the 80's, but I don't get to international waters that offten, so I am still a newbie here,, and, I don't want to wareout my welcome. I do apologize for the drama I have started. I just hate scam artist. I only wanted to warn the community here. I only had good intentions. I think stuff like this hurts all hounest sellers thanks Chris

while i feel bad for scott and seen the mess he has. it is this simple

IF YOU DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH THE PEOPLE YOU BUY FROM, OR DON'T KNOW THEM THAT WELL. DON'T BUY FROM THEM.

I think a rating system for people selling on hear is probably in order. to many people get took because of dishonest people ( why i don't understand ) just post what it is and sell it accordingly instead of sending a box of sticks.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back