SHOE GOO or GLUE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracerbob

O.K lunch time surfers, where do I buy this stuff, Walmart? I've got to glue some blue foam strips in my new cowling for floatation before I head to Atlanta. If I can't find it, what'll work?

O.K lunch time surfers, where do I buy this stuff, Walmart? I've got to glue some blue foam strips in my new cowling for floatation before I head to Atlanta. If I can't find it, what'll work?
your LHS will have shoe goo but they will rape you on it. WAL-mart is the best place to buy it and i use it for attaching ful tanks and all kinds of stuff including foam in cawls and such...........Scott

Thanks for the reply Scott. Any idea what department it would be in? Walmart is an awful big store.

A Hobby Lobby or Micheal's Craft shop carries a product called 'E6000' it is the same as Shoe goo but is much CHEAPER $2 or $3 dollars for a tube. Only glue I have found that can glue sullivan or Dubro tanks together and actually hold.

A Hobby Lobby or Micheal's Craft shop carries a product called 'E6000' it is the same as Shoe goo but is much CHEAPER $2 or $3 dollars for a tube. Only glue I have found that can glue sullivan or Dubro tanks together and actually hold.
CVS or Wallgreens i just bought some its 5.00

O.k, here's what I found. Goop and E-6000 ate the styrofoam. I wound up using silicone gasket adhesive from Walmarts automotive dept. Thanks for input guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are using styrofoam that will break apart pretty easy in a crash swim noodle tpye foam or the pipe foam works much better for floatation. Just so you know.

O.k, here's what I found. Goop and E-6000 ate the styrofoam. I wound up using gasket silicone adhesive from Walmarts automotive dept. Thanks for input guys.

Back