Shelby Cobra EVX

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Warren

FORD- Shelby Cobra EVX, All electric with 1000 ft lbs of torque. What the hell is the world coming too? OH well its a Cool way to go GREEN...... Pull out the 427 SCJ & drop in a butt load of Wires. :rolleyes: jw

Last edited by a moderator:
This will make you feel better:
650 HP > 100 kmph / 4.7 sec Lot of drink fuel range less 200mile :eek: 1000 HP> 100 kmph/ 3 sec Best electric motor range about 400 mile :p Thats very tricky!!!
I have a friend that collects STANGS he has a pair of 67 K/R Shelbys one auto and one stick Both black. His son drives the new s/c Shelby to school. I had the opp to help restore several drivetrain parts WOW and ive driven a real A/C Cobra very cool but i felt like i could rip the steering wheel off when i turned it.....

Well while we are on the subject What was your ultimate Muscle car? Mine 69 Chevelle hardtop 396/427 W/big tube Hooker Headers UNcorked. Doug Nash 5 Speed Trans. Cam Dynamics 244 @ .050 .650-.700 Solidlift Camshaft. Wish I could have the Hilborn injection off the above A.C. Cobra. Tuned Correctly it played Beauuuuutiful Music. B)

Well while we are on the subject What was your ultimate Muscle car? Mine 69 Chevelle hardtop 396/427 W/big tube Hooker Headers UNcorked. Doug Nash 5 Speed Trans. Cam Dynamics 244 @ .050 .650-.700 Solidlift Camshaft. Wish I could have the Hilborn injection off the above A.C. Cobra. Tuned Correctly it palyed Beauuuuutiful Music. B)
Hmmm, top 3 cars I've had that I'd like to have back-

1970 454 LS-6 Chevelle SS, M22 4spd.

1970 396 L-78 Chevelle SS M22 4spd.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T 440 sixpack Hemi crashbox 4 spd.

All were born as factory heavy muscle cars (no clones) and all in pristine condition when I had them. And of course all were tweaked & tuned to the max. I sure miss those days......... :(

'73 Cuda with a'70 440 sixpack bottom end '67 closed chamber heads Edlebrock intake with a single 750 holley racer brown cam 727 torqueflight/3000 rpm stall. With 9" slicks it would lift the front tires about a foot on launch,with street tires I could stand on it at 40 mph and smoke the tires. These days I drive a Neon!...but at least it's a SRT-4. 2.4L turbo.

'73 Cuda with a'70 440 sixpack bottom end '67 closed chamber heads Edlebrock intake with a single 750 holley racer brown cam 727 torqueflight/3000 rpm stall. With 9" slicks it would lift the front tires about a foot on launch,with street tires I could stand on it at 40 mph and smoke the tires. These days I drive a Neon!...but at least it's a SRT-4. 2.4L turbo.
I was/am a poor boy 67 Belvedere GTX with a his and her autostick. All thru highschool few people new it was not a 4 speed car and of course n-50 15s mounted on Cragars.

WHEN I WAS 18 I HAD A 64 CORVETTE coupe, white / black int 365 hp 4 sp 3:70 rears had to go in the army, traded for a 65 buick gs 455 4 speed 3:55 rears . got out of the army has a 63 bel air 2 dr sedan, 327/300 4 speed 4:11 rears, 64 ss 409 coupe 4 speed , 61 impala bubble top 283./220 hp

57 bel air with a 365 hp/327 4 speed 4:11. 66 corvette coupe with a 427 4 speed,. i still have a 69 bel air 2 dr sedan, 350 /300 with a 350 hydro bump stick, 4 speed, 370 posi am/fm 8 track, red lines, rallys all factory original and the i am the 2nd owner since 1971.

i just wish i had them all back!!!

Rides from back in the day that I wish I still had

65 vette 396 4speed

69 vette 427 4 speed

71 plymouth 340 duster 4-speed (panther pink)

Those days are long gone......and at prices that they are going for they are way out of my price range now!!! Guess I will be driving my 98 saleen for quite a while longer.....

John Crouch

Wish I still had my two favorites.

1969 Barracuda Formula S 383/ holley 780 duel pumper, muncey 4 speed, bucket seats, L60x 14 tires on Crager rims.

1970 Challanger T/A 340 six pack/ 4 speed, 30 over 11:1 domed pistons, Hooker fender well headers through the famous Thrush glass packs (garanteed for 30 miles or 30 seconds).

I still have my dream muscle care...for now. 69 Chevelle SS. original 396,auto trans Engine__5_16_05_001.jpgChevelle_014.jpg

My other toy I have had for 13 years Badboy.jpeg

I still have my dream muscle care...for now. 69 Chevelle SS. original 396,auto trans View attachment 8762View attachment 8761
My other toy I have had for 13 years View attachment 8763

Don I didn't know you had a charger too. Jeeze

That is a beautiful Chevelle SS Ray!!! Very clean!

I have a 66 in the works (wish I had some pics) and I have this.... I was looking for an old shoebox when I ran across it and couldn't pass it up. It is a 1970 SS454 El Camino (Wish it was a Chevelle) with a cowl induction hood that works. I have won a couple of awards with it, but unfortunately, I can not take the credit for the resto as I bought it that way.

I still have my dream muscle care...for now. 69 Chevelle SS. original 396,auto trans View attachment 8762View attachment 8761
My other toy I have had for 13 years View attachment 8763

Don I didn't know you had a charger too. Jeeze

That is a beautiful Chevelle SS Ray!!! Very clean!

I have a 66 in the works (wish I had some pics) and I have this.... I was looking for an old shoebox when I ran across it and couldn't pass it up. It is a 1970 SS454 El Camino (Wish it was a Chevelle) with a cowl induction hood that works. I have won a couple of awards with it, but unfortunately, I can not take the credit for the resto as I bought it that way.
Hey, a topic I feel qualified to chime in on!! There is something about Wisconsin country boys, beer, and muscle cars that go together.... never owned Mopar though always wanted a Cuda. Favorite 3 cars:

#1 '73 Javelin AMX - 4 speed, 4 barrel, posi, 4.11 w/custom cam, lifters, headers etc. Car would get all 4 gears solidly on those old bias-ply tires! :D Last time I saw the car, I was going to jail for draggin in downtown Green Bay, Wi.... I went 1 way, the car went the other... never got 'er out of the pound (was in college at the time - no $$$).

#2 '66 Cutlass (pulled out the stock 6 cyl) and dropped a 425 V-8 out of a Vista Cruiser stationwagon :lol: - wanted to go 455 but the 425 was the biggest engine that would fit.

#3 '66 Mustang (My first car - only $900 in 1982!) w/302 BOSS and 4 speed, pistol grip door handles (was told that was a California edition thing???). I bought the car used. Previous owner had switched from 3peed auto to 4 speed manual but didnt change the gears in the diff.... and I wasnt told. Went thru 3 clutches in 1 summer :eek: trying (unsuccessfully) to do burn outs. However the car would go 50mph in 1st gear, 90 in second, 3rd 110ish and 4th never found out - got scared at w/140mph speedo buried in a rust bucket w/worn out shocks and springs :eek: :lol: Parents sold for that one on me for $300 when I racked up a slew of speeding tickets and ended up in jail... ah the good ol days! :huh:

PS Good for you GRIM.... Glad to see there is someone else who remembers there was more than the Big 3 out there that were FUN... when I lost my AMX I was pullin on a souped up 383 69 charger and I had a friend w/me - he didnt!!

I've had my 69 Vette for about 20 years now. 427 4 spd. w/ side pipes. No A/C no power brakes and no power steering. The only thing makin power is the 427 :D

Bought it from the local Chevy dealer who took it on trade and didn't want to screw with the issues it had. It needed a clutch, had an electrical issue and an overheating problem. I paid $4000 for it with 60,000 original miles on it.

Put a clutch in it, noticed that some idiot had the thermostat in up side down and the same idiot had a ground wire to the fiberglass. All easy fixes and I still have the car today. But it's been in the barn,up on jack stands and covered for the last 10 years.

This will make you feel better:
Sweet! is that the real deal...or a reproduction? A friend of mine built a Superformance AC repro. It even has the right 427 with webers under the hood.
Its a Kirkham kit car a friend built up for his reitrement gift to himself. I work for a fuel injection company (TWM Induction) which made injection kit an did the tuning. A family friend Lynn Park owns several of the real things including one 289 FIA Cobra which he still races pretty hard. At one time he owned a pristine Daytona coupe. I think he is down to six authetic cobras now. Life is hard!

Tyler

66 Mustang 289 hi performance 4 speed 4 barrel carb , and a few more things on it lol yes i took this to 4th gear ran up to 150

Back