sgx 21 , what next ?more speed req.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi lorenzo ,

i have also noticed the motor seems to breathe better on a long pipe . like the transfers start to work ...etc ..

it seems to pull harder ,

but common info tells to run a mega short pipe to get that speed ... its a stock motor , i am confused as to why a stock motor likes such a long pipe ???

my H7and h4s arent stock LOL's i have 1445's in different cups also..

thanks for the extra info . and feedback

i would get the motor worked , but after getting work done to my LS novas , they wouldnt pull a decent prop anymore , even thou they reved to the moon. Hmmm i am wary about loosing what little torque it has.

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason,

If you go to the short pipe, you need to back the cupping down on whatever propeller

you choose to use. A lot of cup reduces RPM and it will change the thrust cone,but

the set up is much easier with less cup. The fastest boat doesn't always win.

Good Luck,

Mark Sholund

Hi lorenzo , i have also noticed the motor seems to breathe better on a long pipe . like the transfers start to work ...etc ..

it seems to pull harder ,

but common info tells to run a mega short pipe to get that speed ... its a stock motor , i am confused as to why a stock motor likes such a long pipe ???

my H7and h4s arent stock LOL's i have 1445's in different cups also..

thanks for the extra info . and feedback

i would get the motor worked , but after getting work done to my LS novas , they wouldnt pull a decent prop anymore , even thou they reved to the moon. Hmmm i am wary about loosing what little torque it has.

Jason

Jason,

My CMB is stock right out of the box... I cleaned flashing from ports a little and increased the intake timing just a little (don't ask me numbers cause I do not know) other than that is stock. My opinion is that when you mod a motor, if you have too high of timing, you will loose your torque so smaller props or smaller cupping will work better. am I right or wrong Andy? Anyway, try what I told you before you do any mods to the motor, if it does not work, then go and do what you think will work for you...

Lorenzo

Back