Set Screw size for Novarossi. 46 & .91?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speed Jr.

Anyone know what the thread size is for the NR .46 and .91 for the water cooling fittings? I need to find some set screws to plug the factory holes and maybe find 90* fitting. They are a very fine thread that isn't available at the local hardware stores. Thanks in advance,

Larry Jr

The bolt M5 a little bigger than 10x32. So be careful, you can strip the M5 thread if use 10x32 for a heavy load for example - muffler.

It came from mistakes I already made. Boris

Larry,

I think they are either 4 or 5mm fine thread, something your local hardware store should have in the specialty screw area.

It's 5.5 mm. I went to Dubro this afternoon and they checked the fitting from the .91. They pulled out a board with hundreds of thread sizes. Its definitely 5.5 mm. No hardware store by me has anything with that fine of thread. Dubro doesn't carry that particular thread either. I can't find them online either. Does anyone make a 90* for this? What a ridiculous issue to have on an engine like this. Is drilling and taping new threads my best option? I'm not going to ram a regular thread in to the factory threads....

Last edited by a moderator:
Larry/Robert,

I will look for 90 degree fittings to stock for all engine sizes in the future, to make this much easier on everyone. Until then, you can get brass tubing that will slide into the fitting (u may need to drill slightly to enlarge) bend into a 90, trim and solder into the standard fitting. I did this for years. Also gives you a place to reduce water flow. I will post when I have the fittings in stock.

D&DJ Carbs can make k&b style fittings with different threads. We currently have large 90 fittings for the gas engines and the regular k&b style fittings 10/32 thread. If alot of people want them in the metric size we can make them for Ron to stock them.

Please let me know if this is a good solution.

Thank you, Dale

maybe Nova Rossi can make the engines with a standard metric fitting such as 4mm, or 5mm, instead of a non standard 5.5mm

I am looking for the socket screw size not the water pick up, wanting to know the size on the 20 head

So I went to Dubro headquarters yesterday, where the owner Terry told me it was a M5.5. I guess I didn't understand what that meant, cause I then went to a tool shop that manufacturers screws just now. It is 5.5mm with .5 thread pitch. You can get the 5mm with .8 thread pitch just about anywhere, but nothing for the 5.5 w .5 thread pitch. Anyone have any idea where to find something like this?

On metric first number is your thickness second number your threading third number the length of screw always three numbers not two like your saying

D&DJ Carbs can make k&b style fittings with different threads. We currently have large 90 fittings for the gas engines and the regular k&b style fittings 10/32 thread. If alot of people want them in the metric size we can make them for Ron to stock them.

Thank you, Dale
Dale,

Thats a great idea. I would like to stock them for all engines, 12-91.

Speed Jr.

Went to Mcmastercarr web site and no 5.5mm screws.5mm only.Are you sure it's not 5mm.No taps in 5.5mm .

mcmastercarr carries a 4.5mm tap but no screws in that size

Amazon 5.5mm thread dia. license plate bolts.

Let me check were I get my screws and see if they have them in stock.

Dave

Thank you, Dale
Dale,

Thats a great idea. I would like to stock them for all engines, 12-91.
Ron you have a PM. Thanks Dale

Latest posts

Back