servos

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomy

I don´t know which servo should I use on a 3.5 outboard. Standard or some more powerful?

Thanks.

For stock tunnels... standard works fine... I use the Cirrus with metal everything. Make sure you treat the inards of the servo with water resistant material. Some guys here use corrosion X... I use some stuff called "the Stuph". It is put out by www.aerotrend.com It works great! But either is fine.

Billy R.

I am from Croatia, we have only one shop in the whole country and only Hitec servos are avaliable (great! yeah).So which one to use(standard, right?)

Hey Billy,

This tread on servos came at the right time!

I was looking at the Cirrus MG-80 servo because the Hitec 700-bb wt. is right at 4 oz.- 133 oz/in. of torque & $26.00 & 605-bb mg wt. 1.8 oz-77 oz/in. troque - $33.00.

The Cirrus 80 mg bb 2.0 wt.- 129.8 oz/in. torque -$23.00 & std. size !! would be a good choice, over kill troque & clear case {see water} for the $$. Or the 60 mg bb 1.94 wt.- 65 oz/in. of torque for $22.00 .

Wich servo # do you use ?? and how is the durability and current draw !! If they work good for you I was plannig to get 3 !! Is there any place closer than Hobby People in CA to get them?? I'm in S.C.

But for stock a std. servo will work ? 6.0 v better yet !!

I betcha that the torque would be fine, but maybe you would want to go with the metal gear version if you're pushing 50mph runs.

Mod, stock, standard is fine. Get a standard, standard, standard, standard, standard, standard, and maybe a standard. Get it! Got it! Good!

LOL ;D

If you don't get a standard servo, buy the most expensive one. Than when people ask why you need such an expensive servo instead of a standard you can tell them "I only use the best that money can buy". ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Let me tell you one **** thing !! If you can find a std. metal geared servo for 23.00 I'll kiss were the sun don't shine !!!!

If you want to buy a std. servo and blow over once or twice and have to buy a gear set or a new servo you do that !!!!!!!! $30.00 or more !!

Me !! I'm going to skip that F'n step and spend $22.00 for a std. size, metal geared, 65 oz/in. or a $23.00 std. sized, metal geared, 129 oz/in. servo.

P.S. Smok' in that medical cigarette a monkey crawled up your a_ _ Get someone to pull it out ;D

SORRY YOU GENTLEMEN & WOMEN HAD TO READ THIS

Hey Big Daddy,

When you say standard are you talking like an S- 3003 that comes with most regular Futaba systems with maybe 41oz/in or are you talking size-(not mini not maxi) but maybe more like 70oz/in, maybe bb or mg?

I just need clarification on what standard means! When I think of standard servo, I think of the cheapest regular size servo you can buy.

Don ???

I would not recommend any standard servo on the steering either. I once tried a futaba with the standard servomotor but with bearings. Even on land (on 6 V!) it wouldn't turn the engine quickly because of the throttle cable.

So I think it is better to buy a good one. It wil not break after hooking and will even take a landing on the beach. Instead of breaking the servo your lever will break. I don't make a difference between a stock or a mod hull.

I'm using my servo for about 8 years now. It did handle multiple landings on the beach, countless hooks and flips on the water and will still work great.

It is a Robbe Futaba S3301 but the mentioned Hitec wil do well to I think.

Well, Well, well... aren't we a little testy Mr. Big Daddy?!?!?!?!?! Simple fact... for the money you get all metal gears that will not strip when you blow over, slap the water, and have to buy a new set of gears for a futaba, or others. I have never had to replace any gears on the STANDARD size CIRRUS servo (for 24 or so bucks). I have just about replaced averything else in the regular Futabas and Hitech's though.

Waterbug, I use the 80 Cirrus. It works fine, never really had any current issues, and never stripped any gears, only a servo arm. As far as where to get them, check with Tower Hobbies, www.towerhobbies.com or call our local hobbyshop and they can ship them (HobbyTown USA 601-957-9900).

My biggest recommendation is to get "the Stuph" from Aerotrend and take the servo apart and put this "stuph" all over the circut board and motor. It will waterproof it!!!!! I have used my servos, and receivers when the radio box was full of water. They worked fine. It is really good to use the "stuph".

Big Daddy...... relax, and let the attitude go... this is only a hobby

He He He "SEE WHAT YOU STARTED TOMY"

One simple question and you get a UN debate!

Life without this forum would be very very boring. ;D ;D ;D

Don

Indeed!

But man I don´t care for the size! What is the torque (this is "international site" SO PLEASE USE Ncm!!!!!!!!)necessary to push oudboard going 50mph?

Tomy,

Since you have local access to Hitec get the 605 BB MG [metal gears} servo. It will give you plenty of torque and durability !

HITEC

HS-605-MG-BB

Jeff,

I stand corrected, HITEC HS-625-MG OR HITEC HS-645-MG . I had 705 on the brain.

3.7 - 5.7 kg/cm up to 9.7 kg/cm

actually, I'm not so sure the there is a 605 model that comes with metal gears. The 625 is the servo that shares the same case, but with metal gears. Here, check out the website for metric conversions. We don't do c.g.s. conversions. Only SI (system internationale) units.

http://www.hitecrcd.com/product_fs.htm

1 ounce = 28.35 grams

Feel free to do the math!

Hey Guys,

Man see what 8-9 beers will do to you before you put up a post! LOL. Sorry if I offended anyone I was just having such a good time. At least in that cloud it felt that way! 8) 8)

Believe it or not I've made it through two race seasons and my regular weekend running at the pond with my Bandit 3.5 with a cheap A** Futaba 3003 and have yet to change it, and my Prather 3.5 has a 148 servo, has been flipped countless times taken on water and hasn't gone out yet in 4 years! Believe me they work just fine!

Cheers!! LOL

Tomy,

I have not run an outboard in years but from what I can tell you ( being 18 years old) are looking to save some money. If I were in your position I think that a Hitec 605BB or the 77BB low profile with one metal gear (which i really like) would work just fine. If you don't mind spending a few extra bucks get the 645 with all metal gears and tons of power.

Just my 2 cents ;) Or go with a standard but stay away from the bank!

Don

Latest posts

Back