Servos,.. so many available now.. lower cost but

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony_marquart

I see so many new servo lines coming out now with what appear to be really good ratings and really good prices.. I know I know,.. all the Hobico guys will tell me I get what I pay for,.. but I'm kinda hoping this is like flat screen TVs,.. Heck you can buy 5 44in LED TV's for what one cost 8 years ago..

what are you guys trying?

This looks like a really good product for throttle and needle.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__30888__TGY_393V_HV_Metal_gear_Coreless_Digital_Servo_w_Heat_Sink_4_3kg_10sec_22_5g_US_Warehouse_.html

SO this one is analog,.. but heck,.. they work,.. I think

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__42835__H_King_High_Torque_Metal_Geared_Ball_Bearing_Waterproof_Servo_58g_12_8kg_cm_0_22s_60_USA_warehouse_.html

Plus these Tactic servos that Tower now carries.. When I'm looking at 20 and 40 size boats,.. is there really any reason to have $100 of servos in the boat anymore?

Get what your LHS sells or can order for you. That's what I do, support my LHS.... ;)

I see so many new servo lines coming out now with what appear to be really good ratings and really good prices.. I know I know,.. all the Hobico guys will tell me I get what I pay for,.. but I'm kinda hoping this is like flat screen TVs,.. Heck you can buy 5 44in LED TV's for what one cost 8 years ago..

what are you guys trying?

This looks like a really good product for throttle and needle.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__30888__TGY_393V_HV_Metal_gear_Coreless_Digital_Servo_w_Heat_Sink_4_3kg_10sec_22_5g_US_Warehouse_.html

SO this one is analog,.. but heck,.. they work,.. I think

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__42835__H_King_High_Torque_Metal_Geared_Ball_Bearing_Waterproof_Servo_58g_12_8kg_cm_0_22s_60_USA_warehouse_.html

Plus these Tactic servos that Tower now carries.. When I'm looking at 20 and 40 size boats,.. is there really any reason to have $100 of servos in the boat anymore?
not the pace to cheap out.you will find out when you lose control

Tower hobbies in Bulk and Take the discounts they offer if you are a Member? or Servocity.com My LHStores SUCK & could care less about a Model boater. There million dollar inventory is about cars & trucks & they dont want you in there talking boats..... I dont buy anything from them if I can help it........

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 2 LHS. One hobbytowne which sucks for boats. They do have a few GR props some radio box tape and such. They might have 10glowplugs in stock total. Now the other is a private store that is good. Actually have a decent amount of boat stuff and I really like them. I'm more interested in the tons of newer brand servos that show great specs at much lower prices. I used some zipp servo for throttle and needle on my latest boat. They seem to have set up real well and seem to work great for now. Going to have a couple spares in the box just in case though.

Tower hobbies in Bulk and Take the discounts they offer if you are a Member? or Servocity.com My LHS SUCK & could care less about a Model boater. There million dollar inventory is about cars & trucks & they dont want you in there talking boats..... I dont buy anything from them if I can help it........
Agreed. I've had GREAT service many times with servocity. Matter of fact, that's where I got the servos for my boat earlier this Spring. Hitec servos are pretty dang good, and fairly cheap.

I, honestly, would never even consider buying anything from hobbyking. But that's just me. I don't have a LHS, so I have to buy online. Good luck.

-Joey

Haven't has a LHS here for about 6 years, so I buy online. Never had a Futaba let me down, and though they cost more, I trust them to do the job. In my case, it's only steering, maybe a controllable canard in the future.

I no longer have a local hobby shop the one i had was great for boats and planes and they knew there stuff unfortunately the online buying put them out of bussiness Robert

Tower hobbies in Bulk and Take the discounts they offer if you are a Member? or Servocity.com My LHStores SUCK & could care less about a Model boater. There million dollar inventory is about cars & trucks & they dont want you in there talking boats..... I dont buy anything from them if I can help it........
True. Same here in Louisville.

Man, I guess I'm the lucky one. I have one hobby shop that I deal with and the ower is one of the best boaters out there. Eric Canto has been putting up with my crap for over 20 yrs and has offered nothing but help. One of the best boaters and friends a guy could ask for. Ryon Shaw

I've been using Hobbyking servos in mny electric race boat for years, never had a single issue. The Power HD ones seem really good. Only problem is I can never remember which one I bought the previous time, too many to choose from!

servos is the LAST PLACE TO BE CHEAP.. trust me. buy a futaba or airtronics or ( i am not a fan ) hitec.. you get what you pay for remember that.

if that 10 dollar servo quits and she hits the bank in a billon pc's was it worth it?

Best overall servo, Futaba 9157. Second best overall servo, Futaba 9156.

I am sold on JR servos. Thy are not cheep by any means. But you pay for what you get.

Have a box of burn up and junk servos I have tried. Add them all up and you get my point.

Not one JR in the junk box. Also Spectrum servo are a good lower cost option. Thy are made by the same company.

I am sold on JR servos. Thy are not cheep by any means. But you pay for what you get.

Have a box of burn up and junk servos I have tried. Add them all up and you get my point.

Not one JR in the junk box. Also Spectrum servo are a good lower cost option. Thy are made by the same company.
have to agree with david on this. i use jr Z650s servos for steering on ALL my ob's. have NEVER had one fail, some are over 5 years old.........

have to agree with david on this. i use jr Z650s servos for steering on ALL my ob's. have NEVER had one fail, some are over 5 years old.........
My DS8711 was the first servo I ever got over 5 years ago and it has taken a beating.The only thing I had to do was replace the only fiber gear in it once. As this gear is designed to fail as a last resort.

Like David said JR is the best and if some time down the line you have problems send it back they send you a new one even if it is out of warrenty Robert

Back