Servo twitching

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well well well, i have once again some more info...i re-read the manual that comes with the servos and it mentioned something about a dirty potionmeter (SP?) so i sprayed it with NF Contact Cleaner (CRC brand), tested it out and it worked fine :unsure: none of this locking up crap...

but the test will be tomorrow night when i test it out with my original JR XR2 radio...

Kris

Hi Rodney

What Kris meant was a potentiometer - or pot in laymans terms. It is a variable resistor that is hooked up to the output shaft so that the receiver knows where your servo horn is at. Don't have this problem with digital. I think the lesson is if the servo's working DON"T open it up and spray foreign substances in it. Better to concentrate on a waterproof radio box than on waterproff radio.

GT

Hey Kris,

I have had the very same problems with hitec servos.

thought it was a fluke that one went bad, replaced it again, and went bad again.

water does funny things to them.

I STOPED buying hitecs and went to jr/futaba servos and havent had a problem sense.

Back