September IMPBA Roostertail

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rules

Hello Everyone,

I have placed the September issue on the IMPBA website for all to read, and print out.

I'll be sending out the subscribed editions next week.

John Equi,

IMPBA Office

Thanks, taking a work break and reading it now. I like the engine class designation change, numbers should be much easier for everyone.

I agree with Cuck on the changes from the alphabetical to the numerical but shouldn't 20 actually be 21 and maybe 12 to 13 as the limit is .129 cu.in.? Maybe it was that way as we've gotten used to calling them the .12 and Sport 20 classes.

Lowering the membership fees may bring in more members next year, good move!

What kind of reeader do you have to have (adobe). For some reason I can not open it.

Thanks,

Allen

I agree with Cuck on the changes from the alphabetical to the numerical but shouldn't 20 actually be 21 and maybe 12 to 13 as the limit is .129 cu.in.? Maybe it was that way as we've gotten used to calling them the .12 and Sport 20 classes.

Personally I think there wasn't anything wrong with what we had. Besides, now you've got problems, 20 goes to .21 & why on earth would you call F class 90 when the displacement limit goes to 1.83???? :blink:

As it has been said, AND I'M NOT TRYING TO START A POLITICAL DEBATE HERE, but why was time wasted on this instead of the other more important issue?!? <_<

Last edited by a moderator:

Personally I think there wasn't anything wrong with what we had. Besides, now you've got problems, 20 goes to .21 & why on earth would you call F class 90 when the displacement limit goes to 1.83???? :blink:

As it has been said, AND I'M NOT TRYING TO START A POLITICAL DEBATE HERE, but why was time wasted on this instead of other more important issues?!? <_<
Don, this was done at the internats meeting before the John Equi meter showed up.

Cant you see the guy go out buys a .28 and wants to run it with the 20's and why should he not be able to since .21 can run with the .20? This has been one of Bills ideas for a long time and in his opinion it makes it easier for the new people. I tend to disagree for the reason stated above.

Allen

A few things Allen..

John E meter? What is that.. if you are suggesting if John was there or not.. he was..

Bills idea.. it was not his and besides regardless of whose idea it was the board VOTED to give it a try.. The current system is not easy to understand "FOR THE NEW GUY" sure we all know what A,B, C system means and sure it works OK too but..

Allen and Don, Do you not think, it is a least worth taking a look at to see if there is anything we can do to make it easer to follow the classes? I see this as nothing more then that.

Also to not turn this into another fiasco like the last few posts here on I waters.. Maybe this type of discussion should happen on a BLOG. This would help avoid stinking up I waters with a bunch of useless opinions. Albeit mine included..

Cheers

Mike Zaborowski

What is wrong with someone actually learning the rules Mike? And please don't call my or anyone else's opinion worthless, that's rude. <_<

A few things Allen..

John E meter? What is that.. if you are suggesting if John was there or not.. he was..

Bills idea.. it was not his and besides regardless of whose idea it was the board VOTED to give it a try.. The current system is not easy to understand "FOR THE NEW GUY" sure we all know what A,B, C system means and sure it works OK too but..

Allen and Don, Do you not think, it is a least worth taking a look at to see if there is anything we can do to make it easer to follow the classes? I see this as nothing more then that.

Also to not turn this into another fiasco like the last few posts here on I waters.. Maybe this type of discussion should happen on a BLOG. This would help avoid stinking up I waters with a bunch of useless opinions. Albeit mine included..

Cheers

Mike Zaborowski
Mike, I was suggesting the board did not know about the meter calabration issue at the time this was being discused (20 class etc).

Bill took credit for it the next day when he was telling me about it or that is the way I understood it.

Mike believe it or not everything is not going to just be peache all of out lives. yes some of the other discusion got out of hand in personal attacks. this is not a fiasco this is an open discusion by adults that no one is name calling or bashing or personal attacks. we are simply sharing our opinion which we are intitlted to. Mike if someone cam on here and asked what the best 3.5 tunnel is should everyone not be able to give ther opinion? We live in a free country were we can voice our opinion.

Mike in my opinion it makes it no easier for the new guy as he must know that you can run up to .219 in the 20 class and .459 in the 40 class and .679 in the 60 class and the real ringer anything from .680 to 1.83 in the 90 class. It may make it easier for the spectators or it may confuse them even more. This is a very technical hobby as you and i both well know where .002 can make all the difference in the world. if someone does not have the comprehision to understand the old system or new system the will probably not accell at this hobbie anyway.

And this is for John Equi, great job on getting the roostertail out on time. THUMBS UP to you.

Allen

What is wrong with someone actually learning the rules Mike?
And to think of this from another perspective, what's wrong with rules that don't contain a largely useless correlation between a letter designation for a numerical engine size, which is further complicated by two different lettering systems, depending on which organization one happens to be looking at? It's a simple change, doesn't effect anyone's racing, and WILL lessen confusion for newer people.

" ANGEL WILL FALL FROM THE SKY" :D :D :D

"I HERE FOOTSTEPS IN THE HALL" :p :p :p

" WHAT DOSE IT SMELL LIKE NOW" ;) ;) ;)

The kodak add is my favorite.....

" I see your True colors (intentions) come shining threw, DON"T be AFRAID to let them show!!" :eek: :eek: :eek:

And to think of this from another perspective, what's wrong with rules that don't contain a largely useless correlation between a letter designation for a numerical engine size, which is further complicated by two different lettering systems, depending on which organization one happens to be looking at? It's a simple change, doesn't effect anyone's racing, and WILL lessen confusion for newer people.

I agree with this statement, other then that, im staying out of it, there is plenty of other chat on IW that is much more to the point and intersting..........

" ANGEL WILL FALL FROM THE SKY" :D :D :D

"I HERE FOOTSTEPS IN THE HALL" :p :p :p

" WHAT DOSE IT SMELL LIKE NOW" ;) ;) ;)

The kodak add is my favorite.....

" I see your True colors (intentions) come shining threw, DON"T be AFRAID to let them show!!" :eek: :eek: :eek:
Dang Chuck, what in the world have you been smokin?? :blink:

The correlation was far from useless as each letter represents a RANGE OF ENGINE DISPLACEMENT!!! Again, why are we calling F the .90 class now when the displacement goes to 1.83"??? Why call B the .20 class when the limit is .219"?? :angry: :angry: :angry:

Nothing Scott.

In other words I had said " That there are forces at work within IMPBA that have their own agenda. And that Agenda is what THEY think is best for the idea that they would like."

The fact that it happens with out general knowlwedge of memebers. Changes show up and you are told that it! You are made to belive that it for the better all the while it is to the benfit of...............................................

As stated it was not BILL'S Idea. ;) ;) ;) But that idea of someone who is part of..............

I know I chop at the ankles. But some one has to go out on the edge to attempt to have you see that there is a BIG picture at work here and not JUST a DB issue..............

Question: Does the general Membership gain from this change. Who stands to gain from this realiment?

Now add!!!

Nothing Scott.

In other words I had said " That there are forces at work within IMPBA that have their own agenda. And that Agenda is what THEY think is best for the idea that they would like."

The fact that it happens with out general knowlwedge of memebers. Changes show up and you are told that it! You are made to belive that it for the better all the while it is to the benfit of...............................................

As stated it was not BILL'S Idea. ;) ;) ;) But that idea of someone who is part of..............

I know I chop at the ankles. But some one has to go out on the edge to attempt to have you see that there is a BIG picture at work here and not JUST a DB issue..............

Question: Does the general Membership gain from this change. Who stands to gain from this realiment?

Now add!!!
Chuck are you SOAKING those Cigars in 60 percent NITRO ??????

The correlation was far from useless as each letter represents a RANGE OF ENGINE DISPLACEMENT!!! Again, why are we calling F the .90 class now when the displacement goes to 1.83"??? Why call B the .20 class when the limit is .219"?? :angry: :angry: :angry:
Anybody Read any GOOD Books Lately???

The correlation was far from useless as each letter represents a RANGE OF ENGINE DISPLACEMENT!!!
And so do the numbers, but since they denote the upper end of the range, which is where most naturally gravitate, they make the system MUCH easier for everyone. As far as 20 vs 21 vs 22, it doesn't matter any more than the "40" designation that many people use for the current "D" class, or "60" for "E". When someone says "40" mono, hydro, sport, or tunnel, everyone immediately recognizes the class without any of the confusion that a newcomer might have when someone says "D". Since there really are more important issues, why is time being wasted rehashing the board's attempt to make things simpler for newcomers?

Nothing Scott.

We elected them to do just that.

Newcomers!

LOL, the great class designation conspiracy of 2006! Someone call Geraldo with this scoop!

Yes, the general membership does stand to gain, numbers make WAY more sense than arbitrary letters.

I've been calling it 20,40,60 & F for 25 years as many others have I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back