Seaducer 44" W /101Rs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark voorhies

At launch, the Seaducer will die as soon as it hits the water???? I have never seen this ? I'm stumped? give me your thoughts?

Try blowing out the needle vavle. Check the entire fuel system for air leaks. Check to be sure there isn't a hole in the piston. Seriously.

It's not the pipe Alan, 15cc Macs nitro, set at 11.5", mono's do not die at launch normally.?

I'll re-check fuel delivery, needle.

It's not the pipe Alan, 15cc Macs nitro, set at 11.5", mono's do not die at launch normally.?

I'll re-check fuel delivery, needle.
Check up on tanks possible leak brass tube on cap and check blow Mac 15cc nitro's pressure fittering " block"? also small fittering enough air ? better replace large fittering good Hope to run good work Good Luck!

as the guys stated above check fuel lines, fuel filter, tanks to add to that might want to check the bearings on the motor they can be going bad.

or richen up the needle it might be leaning out on you when it goes in the water

jose

Have you pulled the head and looked in side?

Dose it hold compression at TDC when you turn it by hand?

I'll check that also, the problem started when I burned thru a piston last year at Johnson City race because of carb coming loose,

put miss matched piston / liner in the engine, been this problem ever since , believe it's sub port induction. I have looked inside

and messed with the sleeve with sleeve shims, but no luck. Has compression, but, it's not working. Time for a new one I guess.

When it is at TDC is it sub ported?

With the eng in your hand and the plug in it will it hold compression at TDC?

Can you bump it back and forth at TDC and hold compression?

If not that "is" the problem.

Take all the shim out from under the liner.

Stock timing is good no need to change it.

I run stock timing and my eng has all kinds of RPM's and power.

If the piston hits some thing at BDC the notch in the front housing may need grinding.

Don't grind the bottom of the piston skirt it will sub port.

I'll check that also, the problem started when I burned thru a piston last year at Johnson City race because of carb coming loose,

put miss matched piston / liner in the engine, been this problem ever since , believe it's sub port induction. I have looked inside

and messed with the sleeve with sleeve shims, but no luck. Has compression, but, it's not working. Time for a new one I guess.
just spend the 200 plus dollars and get a brand new piston and liner or if the sleeve is in perfect shape have scott bouchie build you a billet piston either way would work.

Jose

Mark.....Start the motor, spray brake clean around the front carb plate and rear fly wheel area....If the bearings are not bad the seal rings" O-rings" in either of these plates can be worn out.

How quickly does it die upon hitting the water? How is the water coming out of the engine routed: drilled hole straight up, or do you use and exit waterline. If exit waterline, check for splits. Instant dead is often caused by water on the plug. The fire goes out as soon as the water hits the plug element.

as soon as it touches water, engine dies. water lines have been checked, holds pressure thru water circuit thru head.

It's most likely miss matched piston/ liner, I'll check compression and see, boat is still in trailor

Latest posts

Back