scale V12 engine ideas

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinslip

Hi everyone...What are you all doing for your scale engine in your thunderboats? Hansen Racing seems to be mia and I'm looking for other ideas for a scale V12 Merlin.

Thanks

Norm

You could build one with plywood, balsa, toothpicks, glue, and a lot of sanding.

Lohring Miller

yep, start with a block of balsa and cut away everything which doesn't look like an engine ;)

It's not that tough. 1/8 scale builders have been doing it for years. Since the gas scale boats are 120% bigger than 1/8 scale, you can have the Newton plans Merlin or Allison engine plan enlarged by any copy shop. That's where I started. All the detail was just for fun. If I was a real scale guy I would have added wiring and piping.

Lohring Miller

It's not that tough. 1/8 scale builders have been doing it for years. Since the gas scale boats are 120% bigger than 1/8 scale, you can have the Newton plans Merlin or Allison engine plan enlarged by any copy shop. That's where I started. All the detail was just for fun. If I was a real scale guy I would have added wiring and piping.

Lohring Miller
That is a sweet looking engine Loring! You can go to the local sign shop that does sand blasted signs or 3d signs and get their scrap Z foam or high density foam board. I used that and extruded pvc sign board to make mine. It carves really easy and looks metalic when you brush epoxy over it. and it FLOATS! and its lite. Mine is less than 2 ounces.

Latest posts

Back