scale turn fin agle?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Range I have used on Sport hulls and Riggers when a FLAT fin is used has had bracket tilted in the 15* to 20* range with most 18-20*

Last edited by a moderator:
That's almost like asking what make and model of car to buy. Every boat is different, therefore every boat will require different settings. Some boats like a fin with the end hooked , others a straight with it set at an angle. It also depends on how you drive. Someone that backs off going into a corner will need a different set up than someone that only knows two speeds-hammer down and off. As much as I hate to say it, it's all trial and error. I would get a bracket that lets you change angles and just start experimenting. Take it out for several runs and see what it does and BE SURE TO TAKE NOTES. After you try one setting, change it slightly and repeat. When you find a fin/setting you like, you may want to make/obtain a bracket so your angle never changes ;)

Can anyone help me out on what angle to mount the turn fin on a scale boat? Thanks

I've used some oversized flat carbon fibre fins set @ 15 degrees and liked the way it worked- but have not tried other angles. If you could be more specific on the boat and motor you may get more specific replies. Bad thing about the CF fins is that the sharpened/ leading edge will chip rather then bend when you hit something in the water.

Glenn

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone help me out on what angle to mount the turn fin on a scale boat? Thanks

I've used some oversized flat carbon fibre fins set @ 15 degrees and liked the way it worked- but have not tried other angles. If you could be more specific on the boat and motor you may get more specific replies. Bad thing about the CF fins is that the sharpened/ leading edge will chip rather then bend when you hit something in the water.

Glenn
I think if you buy a Virginia Craftsman EL ZORRO on here all the work is done for you. Ive tried others and keep coming back to his. He makes a good bracket and a fin that stays hooked up.......just my opinion

Glenn
I think if you buy a Virginia Craftsman EL ZORRO on here all the work is done for you. Ive tried others and keep coming back to his. He makes a good bracket and a fin that stays hooked up.......just my opinion
Ive got one hangin on my 82U55 Executone and im very happy with it...havent made an adjustment yet....its also VERY well made! The guy is GOOD!

thanks for the good info guys. Do you have contact info regarding this turn fin? Thanks

Latest posts

Back