Scale and Thunder Boat Graphics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike sorry to hear about your hassles. Your graphics far exceed any other graphic suppliers I've used in my area. I highly recommend your stuff to everyone I talk to and I consider your product to be an extreme value at a quality that can't be matched . Thanks!

Thanks Jim, much appreciated.

I have a updated a couple of sets. I have the 69 Myr's up as well as the 76 Dayton Walther. I have also updated and separated the 92 Winston Eagle from the 91. I will also have the 92 SELECT boat separated very soon as well. Just minor differences in the driver name and smaller decals and the U#. I expect to have the 78 Madison up soon as well as the 73-75 Pak and some more 50's and & 60's shovelnoses and the 71 Atlas. I have discovered a few sets that I didn't recover or redraw after my burglary a few years ago and those will go up soon as well. The early 90's Bud boats just to name a few. I just need to redraw the driver names. I have Chip's name done in the red and the blue and the gold from 92-93 T2-T3 sets. I still need to do Scott Pierce and Tom D'Eath from 90-91.

Just a heads up. Since I am going to be doing a bit of travelling this summer. I am going to use a cutoff date of June 1 for summer orders. Anything before June 1 will get out by July 1 and anything after will be late August. That's in stock sets only not customs. I will be going to the NAMBA FE NATS here in my District in early June and I need time to dial in my boat. Also I will be going to the NAMBA Nitro and Gas Nats in July as well as Tri-Cities in Late July. So I will be very busy for June and July and early August. I have a points race here the week after Tri Cities. And somewhere in all that my daughter absolutely HAS to go to Disneyland.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys I have possibly had an issue with some lost orders. Not that I lost them no. I had a BIG load of stuff that USPS picked up last Friday that was a mix of Priority and 1st Class. Some of the Priority arrived very late and one not at all. Most of the 1st class didn't arrive. I am sending replacements today for ones I know haven't shown up.

Just a heads up....I am going to really get serious about getting set up with a different shipper soon. I have not explored the various options to see how much of a price difference there might be as opposed to using USPS but I will be doing this soon. The last couple months has been the deal breaker. They are not pickling up when they are scheduled to. They have missed about half the time on those. There have been a number of losses of both 1st class and priority shipments that I have had to replace and all they did was comp the postage. But yesterday was REALLY a deal breaker. I had a shipment coming to me that was sent priority on Monday of last week. Standard delivery time was supposed to be 2-3 days. It didn't arrive until Friday. Oh but it gets better. I try the tracking number and it says they attempted delivery Friday but the business was closed so they held it at the Post Office. I was at the office all day on Friday and there was no delivery attempt and no notice on my door or in my mail box. I finally went in to the PO yesterday to pick it up. I stood there for 30 minutes while TWO GUYS tried to find this package which contained two new motors. Finally they find it but can offer no explanation for all the screw ups. I even had an order that came from Stu Barr that shipped Priority that was 2 days late.

So if you've been waiting I apologize but this is what I have been dealing with of late. It's tough when I have to do some orders twice. There's no way to get that time back. When I have an alternative I will post on my website or here but stay tuned. On the brighter side of the news new pics have been added ot the Gallery. Lohring Miller's long awaited $ Bill gas scale and some new screen shots as well. I have one I am revising for the 83 Miss Houston that will have both versions, the blue and the red, white and blue, up later today.

A quick update on my shipping problems with USPS. After some investigation by the Delivery Supervisor it appears the problem was localized to one driver that handles my area. There have been more issues than just mine in the area this driver covered which prompted an investigation and removal of the driver I am told. In any case things are busy of late trying to get stuff off the boards before I shut down for the month of July. A reminder that if you want something before 7/1 you'll need to get your order in before 6/1 and this is for in stock sets only. I'll be gone 6/28-30 for a district race then back for a few days before we leave for the NAMBA Nats in SLC. Plus we have a weekend we are going to hit Disneyland when we get back since my kids go back to school on July 29. I am not going to be able to make Tri Cities as I had planned so I will be back in the office by 8/1. I have put up a couple more screenshots like the 74 Valu-Mart. I have also added a couple more gallery pics including Ivan Bourdier's new 1/6 Scale Gas 1984 Lite All Star at http://www.thunderboatgraphics.com/

My son and I have reached an agreement that he is going to come to work for me running my Audio/Visual business. He has been working for me part time for the past year or so and is very capable of running day to day operations of the rentals and some production work. Since he is a bit of a computer geek he has really jumped to learn the biz. So today TBG takes a big step into becoming a full time business. WIth my son running a lot of what I used to do I can spend more time on the graphics business. Plus another big step was the arrival of my new wide format laminator.

I bit the bullet and upgraded from the small one I had to this which will now accommodate the vinyl coming off of my 64" printer that I bought last year. Now I am capable of running large format decals and wraps in house. Before I had to employ a friend with his own shop to do my lamination work. Adding a laminate film to printed vinyl doubles the UV life and provides abrasion protection. So very soon you will see some wrap work that has come out of this shop. My own trailer will hopefully get done soon as well as the NAMBA District 9 trailer plus a paying gig to do graphics for a restored 34' Offshore boat and a 35' RV. I already have the some of my work on some fire trucks with two local departments.

I am still busting out scale orders but I have done some drawing of late too. I had to restore some sets that had been lost in a burglary a few years back. The NITROGEN boats are back from the 50's & 60's. Also the 1958-59 Miss Pay N Save and the 1970 Miss US.

With my hours cut at work I've been building boats again with all my free time. I might be hitting you up for graphics later in the year. See you in Folsom next weekend.

Mike, the 93 Miss Rock is getting there, just ready for the clear. Its starting to look like the real deal, thanks for the decals.
923036_613101098700368_80434057_n.jpg

I don't want Rob to steal all the limelight, lol. These are your decals on my new 94 Bud 1/8 Scale that started as a RC Boat Company hull.

Thanks,

Billimage.jpg

Mike,

Congratulations on having your son helping out, it is quality time that you will look back on and be very thankful for.

I used to have the same laminator. Somewhere I still have some of the extra rollers and other pieces. If you want them you can have them. Adjusted correctly it is a great machine.

So now that the first stateside race of the 2013 H1 Unlimited season is in the books I have 6 of the current fleet now available and they are as follows.....

1 Oh Boy Oberto

5 Graham Trucking

11 Peters and May (T4)

14 Toyota

37 Performance Chevrolet

95 Spirit Of Qatar

These sets are based upon the Big Wake Weekend race in and variations will be available depending on the race. The screenshot for the 37 Performance Chevrolet is already up.

Brad I did get one from HD but it was not the one I wanted. I am still asking every so often. They never said no but I guess I'm just not real high on their priority list. Until I get it I have this on my secondary list. Right now I'm just trying to get current orders done before the end of the month and shut down for vacation and the NAMBA Nationals.

Hi guys, I having to post here to respond to a number of emails since I left on Friday. I did get your emails and orders but I have not been able to respond. I am in Salt Lake City right now at the NAMBA Nationals and for whatever reason I can receive but not send any emails. Not sure what the hassle is but I suspect AT&t has changed something again and I haven't had time to fix it. I'll be back next Monday the 15th and I will respond to everyone then. Unless I can figure out the issue before hand. I appreciate your patience.

Even though I am back from the NAMBA Nationals I will only be in the office here and there to take care of some bills. The plan was to stay shut down til 8/1. I'll be ready for new orders then. I did stop in and add a few new gallery shots though. Rob Duckering's 1993 Miss Rock, Kevin Lichlyter's 2012 Great Scott Presents Matrix System and Ted McKay's 1974 ValuMart.

Mike do you have the OLY gas decals? Could you put your web address in your signature line I keep forgetting it

Yeah Mike I do. Thanks for the heads up about my sig line. I thought I had put the website in there already.

Back