Scale and Thunder Boat Graphics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John Yes it did. I will get the first part of your stuff out Friday or Saturday. HJ I will have a better answer for you after this week. Rob just a couple of small things to draw and then it's done.

Last edited by a moderator:
So here I was all set to send out a few orders yesterday and the mail was not running. So they left today. I'll be busting out a few more tomorrow and the rest of this week. I'll also see how many I can get out early next week. I'll be in Monday and Tuesday then I have to put graphics on hold until after Dec 1 as I have one more deadline for my A/V biz to meet and that is Dec 1. After that I'm clear of big projects until late Feb.

Ok now that we are finally past Dec 1st I am back in graphics mode for a while. After the 15 hour days I had been putting in I had to take Sunday and yesterday to decompress a bit. Those of you that have had stuff on order or were needing stuff drawn I appreciate your patience. The rest of this week I'll be getting stuff out that doesn't need any drawing. I'll get in and do some drawing on Saturday and next week as well.

Almost back up to speed. I've already sent out a few orders earlier this week. I have another load that will go out tomorrow or maybe Saturday depending on how much I get done. Should be ready to draw some stuff for a few more next week. I added a couple more video clips to my website. Fot those of you that are into the Bud here are two clips of 1995 The T-3 in Evansville and the T4 in Madison. Epic battles with the Joe's in both. There is also the infamous 1989 Seafair Cup where Chip beat the Bud with the Circus School Bus. If there are any boats you would like to see video of let me know and I will have my son post some clips.

Hi Mike, I sent you a PM on 1/8 Miss Budweiser decal set for 2001-2004, Im in need of these and would like purchase them from you, please get back to me.

Thanks

Kyle Hirano

Been working like a madman to get caught up and I am almost there. Got a lot boxed up and out and there is another load going probably tomorrow maybe Thursday depending on the crowd at the post office. On Monday I had to lap the block 4 times to find a parking place.

New Screenshots are up for the 2012 Spirit of Qatar and 2011 Degree. The 2012 will be up soon as well. Both boats include the driver signatures for above the cockpit. A lot of guys have been asking if the Degree boats are a full wrap. No they are a series of decals. The real boat was only done as a partial wrap. The files I have are from the original big boat job sized down.

Apparently winter building is hot and heavy as more orders are coming in daily so I am not going to take the week between Christmas and New Year's off as I usually do. I may take one or two on the weekend but otherwise I will be in the office.

Merry Christmas!!!

Hey Mike, ironically enough I have a paint scheme for that boat. I will be drawing here soon.....Lemme see what I get done here before the first. I have several I need to draw and I can add this to the list.

Mike, sorry about not getting with you on the decals I was suppose to get in Nov. Holidays and Fixing my truck kinda put it on the back burner. I'll get some from you towards the end of Jan.

Mike I suspect I'll be drawing soon. That Madison will be mid Jan probably.

Sam don't sweat it. I'll be here when you're ready

Five orders went out today. I have another 4-5 to go Monday. I have also added and updated some screenshots. The 2012 Degree Men is up now that I have added Scott Liddycoat's signature above the cockpit. I have also updated some 90's and 2000's boats. I intend to get caught up after the holidays very soon as I have some building of my own I have not been able to get to.

Thanks Kevin I guess I should put that on here from time to time since this is such a long thread. Been a lot of long hours at the office lately but my target of being all caught up to current orders is on track by this weekend. Several updates to the website as I still to this day am finding screenshots that never got put up. The 62-65 Bardahl, the 69 Pak Hooktail, the 87 Pepsi. Plus both Degree boats have had the screenshots redone as the wrong ones were up.

I have also made some changes to a few sets like the 93 Circus, the 7 Eleven boats and a few others where a white contour barrier is needed. Since not all whites match very well I am removing the white layer from those and making that a spray mask layer. I have spray mask material that can be cut that you would lay down first and then tape your lines to the spray mask. Then remove once all the color is done. Now you will have the contours you need in the colors and you simply apply your decal in the white. I have some Circus and 7 Eleven sets coming up that I will post pictures of the spray mask layer to better illustrate.

After I get caught up there are about 8 boats I will be drawing that will go up as well

Busy Busy and more Busy! But that is a good problem to have. I have been busting out 2-3 orders a day balanced with some drawing and some updating of the website. One thing I did want to mention is that I will now be producing not only decals for RC Boatworks for the Y6 Monos and T44 Cats but I will also be producing decals in various sizes for Propworks West. They will be available in pairs for boats, toolboxes, trailers or whatever you wanna put em on. Brent Daily was kind enough to give me his ok to produce these. Also be looking for new decals for gas boats as well in the coming weeks.

I have made a few updates to the website. Yet more screenshots that weren't up like the 59 Maverick. I have also tuned up the LLumar sets from 2003-2005. The Beacon Plumbing sets will soon follow. All of the files are there I just want to make sure the sizes are correct before I put up the screenshots SInce some of those I have not produced a full set of. I have also added a few more sets like the 1986 Miss Mercruiser and the 2009 Hoss Mortgage. There will be 15 more added over the next month or so. Some are ones I never drew up. Other are ones that need to be redrawn since I never recovered them after the robbery a few years back.

Last but not least I have added two more finished boats to my gallery. Greg Hahn's awesome Qatar which I'm sure most in IW have seen already. And Chris Breen's 98 LLumar rebuilt after the auto accident in Tri-Cities last year. These guys did some awesome work. Look for many more soon as boats are nearing completion for the new season including two of my own. Lastly I want to thank the 1/10th scale Electric guys of late. Quite a few orders coming in the last couple of weeks from those guys and I hope to see some of you at the NAMBA FE Nationals in June.

Three more orders out. I have a couple that are waiting because of a software glitch that is not allowing me to print certain colors correctly. I have two tech support guys working on the issue. I have also updated the Gallery and uploaded a screenshot for the 2012 Peters & May.

Almost forgot to post these as well. Here are a few pics of the Propworks West decals we are producing. I went through and cleaned up a few things from the original file I received. There were some edges that were not as sharp as they should have been and at the request of one customer I changed the color of the prop to more bronze or gold color like the actual props. Plus I straightened out some issues with the gradients to make it more smooth. These are our trailer and toolbox decals. Toolbox decals are in sizes from 2"x4" and 3"x6" and are $6 each. Trailer decals are 5x10" and are $12 each. Both are available in black or white back and square or rounded corners. You can choose either First class at $1 or less, or Priority postage at $5.

PWWTrailerandtoolbox_zpsddfd49bc.jpg

Here is an example of the cowl decals. The is being produced for one T44 customer that has a carbon cowl and didn't want a solid back. Hence the small black border. You can specify either all white or black back or almost no back. $5 a pair.

PWWCowl_zps8dfc2c65.jpg

Mike,I received the graphics for the 93' circus last week...Awesome job! the mock-up decals will make the pinstriping alot easier without worrying about wrecking the colored decals.

cheers! Chris

Thanks Chris! Yeah that white layer is just a spray mask with light tack adhesive.I was going to post pics of that and it slipped my mind I will try to do that later today. There are a number of instances where that mask is really handy. Your Circus is one. The 88 Miller canopied hull on the nose. The 7-11s too.

Back