SAILR's WHIP 20 FE BUILD & MY PROTOTYPE WHIP 20 COWLING PLUG

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
Well, I have been building a custom Whip 20 for Sailr (Jim) here on OSE, and I figured I should share some pics with everyone. The boat is now completely framed, and the bottom sheeting has been added. I am awaiting his hardware/ electronics before I continue. In the mean time, I have decided to start the prototype plug that I mentioned when building Hebner's Whip 20. I actually got the plug built this evening, and just put the first coat of epoxy on. Once its dry, it will be scraped, and another coat added till I get the final look I need to make a mold, and make epoxy Whip 20 FE cowlings from there on! It looks so awesome in person, and the pics really do not do it justice. This should finally be the alternative to the Vacupickle and Blazer cowl. Enjoy! Mike

IMGP0577.jpg

IMGP0582.jpg

IMGP0584.jpg

IMGP0635.jpg

IMGP0638.jpg

IMGP0641.jpg

The whip 20 FE cowling is now complete, and I am taking orders for it. Epoxy glass version is $52.00 shipped and comes untrimmed so you can fit as needed. Carbon fiber or kevlar if offered, but is offered on a case by case basis, please email! Here are some pics! Mike

IMGP0714.jpg

IMGP0711.jpg

IMGP0709.jpg

IMGP0708.jpg

man that looks nice! I have been thinking of making one up for my whips as they are WAY tight to set up nitro!

i noticed you have added wood around where the cowl would normally be full glass.. would the cowl you are making be big enought when it comes out of the mold so you don't have to add wood there.

i have one but i run a nitro motor

thanks

chris

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Chris, I think I can help you out a little here! Cowl uncut pics and cowl trimed to exterior limit of the top deck pics! Should fill your need! Thanks, Mike

IMGP0715Large.jpg

IMGP0716Large.jpg

IMGP0705Large.jpg

IMGP0706Large.jpg

IMGP0704Large.jpg

cool

thanks for the pics.. i will be in touch

any chance of making one out of abs?

chris

Back