Sad news

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ken stang

Friend and Marquette Boat Club member Chuck Crumley passed away Tues. night. Prayers go out to the family of Chuck Crumley. He will be missed.

Rest in peace Chuck.

You will be missed.

My prayers go out for Chuck and his family.

Last year Joe kratky the year before John Baker about ten years ago Al Cash who is next

Think this club is jinxed might be time to find a new hobby

Any one for shuffle board or curling maybe ill take up knitting

Mike

[SIZE=14pt]I lost my best friend on Tuesday, March 25th, and Debbie lost her ‘Rock’. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]I met Chuck in 2005 at an Astronomy Convention called ‘Astrofest’. I ended up purchasing an eyepiece from him shortly afterwards and then he started coming out with his telescope to observe with us in the South West Astronomy Observers Group (SWAOG). We did a lot of observing together and soon learned that we had similar interests and views on a lot of different subjects and we became friends. But... little did I know it at the time… Chuck was a troublemaker! [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]J[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] He told me that he was into remote control (RC) boats and I told him that I used to race RC cars & trucks and played with a couple of RC boats a long time ago, but never got the boats to successfully run fast. For several years in a row, he would give me a flier and invite me to his boat club’s annual race, but I always had something else scheduled for the weekend of the race. But in 2011, my schedule changed, and I went to watch his RC boat race. I got hooked! One week later I had my first RC gas boat and brought it to the lake for its maiden voyage, with the help of Chuck! (Chuck found the boat for me on Craig’s List) The date of its maiden voyage was August 21, 2011. That date is significant because it is also the date that Chuck met his girlfriend Debbie for the first time on a pre-arranged meeting/date, down at the lake. Since that time, I now have 8 RC boats and started building my 9th (with Chuck’s help), and became Secretary of the Marquette RC Boat Club, all because of Chuck! And if that’s not enough… he recently got me involved in RC helicopters, and I now have 3 of those! Again, all thanks to Chuck. But I wouldn’t have it any other way![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Chuck was sure a troublemaker! (but a GREAT ONE at that!) He is sure going to be missed!![/SIZE]

Back