RZ 254 failure

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinslip

Hi guys...I have a RZ254 that died on me today. After taking the engine apart, I noticed that one of the thrust washers up on the wrist pin broke off and jammed up the engine. No damage except for some minor scratches in the crankcase. I'm sure the engine will still run but don't know how long without any thrust washers in there?? Is this a common problem with these engines? I had the same thing happen with my Suzuki 500 quadracer. I had to make some using aircraft grade aluminum because steel would always crack and jam up the engine. I'm thinking that I may have to make some for this little guy as well. ALSO...I noticed an unusual amount of black oily soot coming from behind the flywheel. The seal and bearing look great but can't see where oil could be coming from?? Help please?? When rotating the engine with my hands, I can stop the bearing from turning with my finger while the crank turns inside the bearing race. Is this normal? It seems a bit loose to me!!!

thanks

Norm

Latest posts

Back