running in Charlotte area

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking to add boaters for this Sunday in Charlotte.. Running at the Concord pond on 73.. Will try to start at 11 this week because it gets hot! If we can get a few people coming I'll set some buoys to run around.

Please let me know ASAP if you guys can make it.. Need more nitro at this lake.. last week I was only one,.. all others were gas.. anf HUGE,.. making wakes that could swallow a .21 rigger./..

Anthony,

We used to run at the Charlotte clubs race as they held their RC Boat Regatta there many years ago. When I came back last year I was surprised they no longer existed. Are any of the original guys in your group??? Art Schmit, Grover, Marty Kirpatrick, ????? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ill pm you Ant. no doubt. Wat do you typically bring to run? I dont have the twin jae ready yet. I have the q mono and the q sport 40 hydro ready for play. Its hot in nc, seen any snakes there? They freak me out , I dont like them at all. Also how are you retrieving the boats? I dont wanna be unprepared if I decide to come by.

Last edited:
I typically just bring my .21 rigger.. maybe the .12 mono.. the other guys were running blackjacks.. I have not seen any snakes there. I'm sure they are there.. but when you lite up these motors they pretty much scatter I'm sure.. I hate them too!!! There is a boat there that we can use to retrieve. The other guys bring a kayak.. I don't know if those 2 guys will be there this Sunday.. Hoping Martin can make it this week. There is one table there that I usually use but we can share if needed. The spot is under a big shade tree so it's no too hot. there are a couple little piers to stand on as well. The lake was pretty clear of weeds last week.. IF the water goes down they get closer to the surface though..

Ant, I was up there yesterday. It was raining cats and dogs around 4-6 pm. Had major delay on my kids flight out to Buffalo. Im back home now :( If im inclined I may drive back up sunday. Ill let you know. Shoot me some directions

Hugh

Last edited:
73 north from downtown concord,.. past branchview rd,.. past Brickhouse BBQ,.. past one light,.. lake is on the left with a brick house on the hill

I have not gotten any one committed to coming tomorrow,.. So I'm going to work on my deck instead,.. maybe we can get some people next week.

Sorry Ant its raining here im sure it is all the way down 85 so ill do the same as you . Work on some boats. We will run eventually.

Back