Rudder Servo Recommendation for 90 Outrigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike,

In my .90 SGX I have had the same S3305 steering servo in it since it was built 9 years ago and it has never failed to turn the boat. I don't believe 1/4 scale servos are needed in a single engine outrigger! Besides, Futaba doesn't make a 1/4 scale servo anymore and I wouldn't give a Hitec servo to Mr. Whimire's dog to chew on or let you put one in your boat. :lol:

Just make sure there is free range of motion with no binding and you shouldn't have any problems with a H.T.-M.G. standard size servo.......like me. :p

\m/

p.s. S3102's for channels 2 and 3 work great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Julian runs the big100 dollar hitech in his RR 101 twin :eek: . No problems ! Buck I remember that hitech garbage from back in the day. Seems lately they have stepped there game up a bit. Im a big Futaba fan but some are running the better hitech stuff with success.

Last edited:
Hitec 805 MG ...all i've ever run in my Twin Roadrunner ( Red Boat ) 6 V - 2500 MAH battery never had an issue . Also the Hitec 645 MG is a really good servo . JMHO

Hi there

A Futaba S9157 is superb and will work in anything, ball raced, metal gear, coreless motor, O-rings on case and a massive 30KG of torgue @ 0.14sec speed, all this in a standard size servo, not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for.

great for any size of outigger, single or twin engined

Mike,

In my .90 SGX I have had the same S3305 steering servo in it since it was built 9 years ago and it has never failed to turn the boat. I don't believe 1/4 scale servos are needed in a single engine outrigger! Besides, Futaba doesn't make a 1/4 scale servo anymore and I wouldn't give a Hitec servo to Mr. Whimire's dog to chew on or let you put one in your boat. :lol:

Just make sure there is free range of motion with no binding and you shouldn't have any problems with a H.T.-M.G. standard size servo.......like me. :p

\m/

p.s. S3102's for channels 2 and 3 work great.
sorry buck to disagree,have all hitec 1/4 scale servos in every boat and thye turn on a dime and never had a failure,yeah i know now all will take a crap at the fall nats! :huh:

the S3302 is 4.8v 89 oz-in 6v 111 oz-in

the S3305 is 4.8v 99 oz-in 6v 124 oz-in

the 645mg is 4.8v 106 oz-in 6v 133 oz-in....... I use this in a 40 hydro, and some use this in a 20 hydro ( which alot will say is to much for a 20 boat)....is this really enough for a F Hydro?

I got a S9351 for the F Hydro im going to be building its numbers are 4.8v 153 oz-in 6v 192 oz-in.... now is this over kill for a F Hydro?

Thanks for the info/help,

Paul

the 645mg is 4.8v 106 oz-in 6v 133 oz-in....... I use this in a 40 hydro, and some use this in a 20 hydro ( which alot will say is to much for a 20 boat)....is this really enough for a F Hydro?

I got a S9351 for the F Hydro im going to be building its numbers are 4.8v 153 oz-in 6v 192 oz-in.... now is this over kill for a F Hydro?

Thanks for the info/help,

Paul
Paul the 645 - MG is nice for mid sized Hydros and for any throttle . I have one on the rudder of my Gas Cajun Bullet and it's held up well even though I think it's too small . Personally , I've had great service from the Hitec servos .

JR HS8711 was the first servo I ever bought 4 years ago and it is still going.

Bin under water more times than I can count and has never bin apart.

Turns my SGX 90 with a 1.01 in it at 90+ and is sold as a rock and centers up perfect every time.

David

Any decent 1/4 scale servo will work id go with metal gears . Bret english sold me a mg645 and its in my sport 40. Its fine but i wouldnt put it in a f hydro just to be safe.

I personally dont think there is such thing as overkill in a hydro....
Dang right!

The discussion will arise one day about pushrod length and stoutness thats what makes the real difference......

Last edited:
Back