Rudder Length and Strut Height

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ian

What does the boat do in the corner with that prop. Does the back of the hull blow out?

I have tried it all and I might just have the answer to help you out.

Jerry

Ian
What does the boat do in the corner with that prop. Does the back of the hull blow out?

I have tried it all and I might just have the answer to help you out.

Jerry
Hello Jerry,

The boat rides too light at the bow in corners with this prop in rough water and chop, not allowing the keel to key in and the boat wants to drift wide. If I keep increasing the rudder input more than I would normally use the boat will eventually hook in. When I tried making the strut deeper the boat would start to chine walk coming out of the turns. With other props the boat turns very linearly but isnt as fast in the corners.

I just tried kicking the rudder pivot back a bit to put more pressure on the bow in turns, it may be better but my test lake is too small and it is hard for me to be sure that it is better. :huh:

Ian.

Ian

Put a little bend in the bottom of the turn fin. Like a hydro fin. This will hold the bow down going threw the corner.

Jerry

Ian
Put a little bend in the bottom of the turn fin. Like a hydro fin. This will hold the bow down going threw the corner.

Jerry
Jerry,

Thanks, I will try that this weekend. Should the turn fin be larger or the same length?

Ian.
Ian

I would suggest a larger turn fin and then trim it till you got the desired effect i found that with a large turn fin it would make the boat run very wet through the turns so by trimming it down i could balance how wet the boat ran in the corners.

Try it out it might surprise you.

Paul

Back