Rudder help for a Titan 21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myrcbud

I'm currently building a Titan 21. I'm using a stinger strut from a Aquacraft SV 27 nitro. The rudder I'm planning on using sits ahead of the prop instead of behind it or even with the prop. Another words the rudder is closer to the transom than the prop. How will this affect the handling of the boat? Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

I'm currently building a Titan 21. I'm using a stinger strut from a Aquacraft SV 27 nitro. The rudder I'm planning on using sits ahead of the prop instead of behind it or even with the prop. Another words the rudder is closer to the transom than the prop. How will this affect the handling of the boat? Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
If you purchase .21 Mono Speedmaster hardware the running Length problems have already been worked out for you. You Do not want to direct the prop wash into the rudder blade. You want the water to exit off the prop behind the rudder. The perferred set up would have the entry blades of the prop in line with the front leading edge of the rudder. Different length mounting brackets help control the length of the rudder from the transom......... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back