rtr race rules

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byron westman

met up with a of group guy on the pond today and we talking about starting a club . we were wondering the rules etc. of raceing rtr boats .how do you start the race ,how many laps etc.

met up with a of group guy on the pond today and we talking about starting a club . we were wondering the rules etc. of raceing rtr boats .how do you start the race ,how many laps etc.
Get a IMPBA rule book to look at to check on the rules on racing..theres rules on each boat classes..Plus check with other boat clubs and see how there started,they should point you in the wright direction.... there 5 laps...

or you could go namba.....

are you still coming down here to the races on the 20th? lots of people would be able to help you out there too!

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2009 NAMBA Nationals will be July 11 through 18 at Twin Lakes County Park at the Smokey Point exit off I-5. I think this is only about 2 hours from the U.S./Canadian border. It would definitely be worth your while to get down to at least one day of that event because it's going to be awhile before a race of this magnitude is back in the Northwest.

BTW, the NAMBA Rulebook is on namba.com website. There are no national RTR rules. Do what's best for your group.

JD

Get a IMPBA rule book to look at to check on the rules on racing..theres rules on each boat classes..Plus check with other boat clubs and see how there started,they should point you in the wright direction.... there 5 laps...
??? 6 Laps to a race... not 5...at least in the IMPBA anyhow.

Sean

Actually JD, it's only about an hour if he comes across at Aldergrove. Sumas is a bit longer and the Blaine Peace Arch is not recommended as most go through there and the wait can be attrocious. Last time the wife and I crossed at Blaine, it took almost two hours to get across. Blaine truck crossing might be a better choise as well :)

Gee, can you tell I go up to Canada and back occassionally? Meridian between Bellingham and Lynden is a 50 MPH zone, north of Hwy 20 to around Bow is a 70 MPH zone as well as from just south of Mount Vernon to Smokey Point. The rest of the way along Meridian is 35 until you get to I-5 while the rest of I-5 is a 60 MPH zone. You can plan on 2+ hours to get to Lake Waughop depending on traffic through Seattle

Actually JD, it's only about an hour is he comes across at Aldergrove. Sumas is a bit longer and the Blaine Peace Arch is not recommended as most go through there and the wait can be attrocious. Last time the wife and I crossed at Blaine, it took almost two hours to get across. Blaine truck crossing might be a better choise as well :)
There 'ya go. Information like this priceless - which is much better than worthless :lol: .

JD

I live about 5 min from sumas and 20 from aldergrove . aldergrove dosen't open till 8.00 am . what time dose all this start? I'm going to try my hardest to be there. is this a family outing or just a bunch of guys playing with there toy boats.lol

I live about 5 min from sumas and 20 from aldergrove . aldergrove dosen't open till 8.00 am . what time dose all this start? I'm going to try my hardest to be there. is this a family outing or just a bunch of guys playing with there toy boats.lol
If you're referring to the race at Lake Waughop next week, it's an organized racing event. I guess it could be a family outing if you were just spectating.

JD

??? 6 Laps to a race... not 5...at least in the IMPBA anyhow.

Sean
Sean, guess it depends on where you race in the IMPBA. Here in D14, we do 5 laps for RTR.

I dont' know of any IMPBA clubs here in the Northwest. Unless Jd does, I think everything out here is either NAMBA or APBA, so the rules used here would be NAMBA based

does the event still go on in the rain ?
If we canceled races because of rain in the Northwest, we'd run only in August. It still rains, but at least it's warm rain. :D

Yeah, we race in the rain. About the only things that stop us are really high winds and ice. We're not expecting ice, but the wind could blow.

JD

Back