Rossi 90 Owner's Manual or Exploded View???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlogginHarvey

Hey there, I have an old Rossi 90 with a Carb & third channel needle adjustment and another rossi 90 with an exhaust throttle and no owner's manual or exploded view to help in putting this thing back together without have any "extra" parts left on the bench when it's back in one piece.

I would really like to learn a little about the motors prior to starting them up and breaking them because of my own stupidity... ;) Thanks for all of your help in advance!

Here is a pic of the one with carb and third needle adjust. Sorry for all the newbie questions but I certain;y appreciate the feedback and direction.

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    306.3 KB · Views: 0
Someone will chime in with the paper work for that rossi. I will suggest using castor oil for assembly and using 40% nitro with 20% - 22% oil. No less on the oil content or you will quickly find yourself taking it apart again to see what broke.

And I will repeat...Use Castor oil for assembly the first time. Do not use light oil for assembling the parts in this engine if they are new and have not been broken in.

Good boating,

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Here you go :D

There was a CMB-style new .90 ... never heard or see about it. :(

Attachments

• Rossi_Engine-EV.jpg
    Rossi_Engine-EV.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 0
  • New2009_90_marine.jpg
    New2009_90_marine.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Rossi_Engine.jpg
    Rossi_Engine.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! Thanks guys...Henk you have a lot of hobby Stuff too! ;)

Was there ever such a thing as a complete owner's manual for these old motors?

Andy, when mixing oil is there a type of Castor Oil that is better suited for Nitro motors than others? Do you mix it in like two-stroke gas -- just pour it in and shake it up to mix it well???

For the USA .. easy to get .... KLOTZ

Super-Techniplate is a 80% synth and 20% castor mix .. ready to use.

or :

Mix 17% original Techniplate with 3% Benol

On Marty's site you will find a fuel-calculator >H E R E

Okay,

Just got the KLOTZ Super Techniplate oil on order and will be here next week... will do!

So, now about breakin and basic needle settings to start. I picked up O'Donnell 50% Boat Fuel for the running ( http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKRW4&P=7 ). some one mentioned 4 turns on 40-50% fuel on the HSN for this Rossi...yes? Any close starting point on the LSN?

Tuned pipe at 11 1/2" measured from the back (engine side) of the exhaust header to the the largest part of the cone with a Octura X455-2 on this semi-submerged drive?

Sorry for all the questions!!! And THANKS for the help!!! I have got to be getting close... ;)

Back