Rookie graphics question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenng

Guy's, I'm building a couple hydros this winter and am ready to paint the first(1972 Notre Dame). How much is paint and how much is graphics? Should I just paint the hull white and the upholstery section black-or do I also have to put some blue on the boat? Thanks, Glenn

Not really clear on what your asking??

But yes, if the boat is white with blue striping, you will more than likely have to paint the blue, some graphis kits come with the lines, but not many.

You will end up with a nicer job if they are painted.

here is a good place for the graphics

http://pgimodels.com/

Not really clear on what your asking??

But yes, if the boat is white with blue striping, you will more than likely have to paint the blue, some graphis kits come with the lines, but not many.

You will end up with a nicer job if they are painted.

here is a good place for the graphics

http://pgimodels.com/

Thank you Rick, Guess I need to order the graphics before painting-to see what's included. Thanks for posting the link to pgi. Found a couple drop sponson hulls from the 50's that will suit the gas hydro Im building also(graphics availiable in 1/8 or 1/6 scale). Thanks, Glenn

Rick is right Glenn. You'll have to paint the blue. It's a metallic color & probably wouldn't match in vinyl anyway. I built this boat a few years ago for my wife to race. One of the pics I got from Seattle area photographer Bob Greenhow shows the boat with the sun glinting off the stripe @ the bottom of the cowling & it just lights up! I was looking for the old paint can - haven't found it yet but I believe we used a Corvette color. I talked to Mike @ PGI - you'll get the "Notre Dame", the U-7, the shamrock on the tail & some product logos for the turtle-deck.

Rick is right Glenn. You'll have to paint the blue. It's a metallic color & probably wouldn't match in vinyl anyway. I built this boat a few years ago for my wife to race. One of the pics I got from Seattle area photographer Bob Greenhow shows the boat with the sun glinting off the stripe @ the bottom of the cowling & it just lights up! I was looking for the old paint can - haven't found it yet but I believe we used a Corvette color. I talked to Mike @ PGI - you'll get the "Notre Dame", the U-7, the shamrock on the tail & some product logos for the turtle-deck.

Thanks Larry, If anyone knows the paint code for the blue-please let me know. Thanks, Glenn

Glenn The paint codes were taken off of rogers plans.

imron

white 55769u

blue 5535

these are converted to chorma one

white 55769g

blue 5535k

All are dupont

Ralph

Back