RMBC-aussies-victoria???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaso

Hi all, Just putting up this post as I'm interested in joining a Melbourne club and I think RMBC would be my closest option. I'm in a local club but I'm a little discouraged with the club as it's not functioning as a club. If any one has any info on RMBC and some contact info that would be very helpfull. 8)

Jaso,

Contact Tony Grinter at Hobby Supplies. www.hobbysupplies.com.au He is on the committee of RMBC. I am a member but cant attend meetings and rarely make it to the lake to run.

EMS Racing A division of Casper Racing

Craig,

Do you work on the weekends? i want to get my Villain S1 ready for the weekend to give it a run and brak in my 'new' motor ;)

I REALLY need some practice so i can whoop GT's butt later this year ;)

Jaso, have you been there before? they run on every 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month (this sunday)

Kris

Kris, No I haven't been there before and not sure if I'll be able to make it this weekend but I'll sure try. I'm not sure that I remember how to get there, last time went to the market there about 5-6 years ago! but never been to run or see the boats running before. I went to the Vic champs at Cherry lake but thats a bit far for me to go, thats why I was after info about RMBC. Western districts has there web site which is a good source of info especially when your not a local( about 2 hours drive from here)

Thanks for the info, I'll give Tony a ring. 8)

Kris,

May get out there this Sunday but it might just be for a sticky beak.... then again I might try out a boat or two. Maybe even my 7.5 tunnel hehehe...

check your PM and my phone number will be in there.

EMS Racing The hardest part is choosing which boat to run.

Dag Nammit! That Cherry Lak is HUGE isnt it! too bad there a big rocks just under the surface which cause havok when the lake is low :eek:

Jaso, i am pretty sure is is on the bottom end of the map, if you look at a melways...just stick to your left (going along the side of the lake that is) and you will get there ;)

Craig, i will try and give you a call! i hope to be able to get out there on Sunday, fingers crossed.

Kris

Thanks Kris, I'll see what the weather is like in the morning before I decide for sure if I'll go. What amount of members normally turn up to a practice day like this?

to tell you the truth mate, i dont know :eek: i have only been there once (2 weeks ago) and it was cold, but no wind (perfect for boating really) but only Tony, and 3-4 other guys had boats. They seem to like Monos their, so what do you run?

Kris

Kris, i have two riggers going at the moment, one is a old .21 that I've had for years that I'm playing with (new props higher fuel etc) and the other is a new one .90 rigger(one of Paul Osmonds). I am trying to get some run time with this one to finnish running in the motor but I've been struggling down here with getting that done .

What about yourself, what are you running?

I run Tunnels all the way!!

Right now i have 1 tunnel going, a Wood Hot Shot Sprint which ha an OS set up on it, ready to be broken in.

Villain S1 which i have been taking my sweet ass time in building but is finally ready to be rigged with steering. and it will be ROCK ON time ;)

I just realised i have a few problems to contend with, 1 is that i dont hcvae much fuel (1/2 litre), 2 dont know if i can make it out there tomorrow and 3 weather :)

if i dont make it this week i will MOST DEFINATELY make it out next time! although my boats will be thinner by then and some will be on the way to the ACT : :) > :(

i really need to get some run time down before i go upto GT's to run hmmmmm

Kris

Back