rigger ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scootertrash

i am going to buy a gas rigger. more than likely a cmb eagle sgx. does anyone know the pros and conds of this boat. i allready bought a bh hanson hornet for it. anyone know a better rigger to get or any to stay away from.

Last edited by a moderator:
The gas rigger guys around here have been running Cajun Bullets, G-Force, and Hurricane Hydros.

-Buck-

If the gas RR runs anything like my 45 and 67 RR extreme... You would have to be a fool to pass Don's offer up.

The CMD riggers are super nice riggers and don't really have any downsides in terms of performance. The only downsides I know of are their price compared to other riggers and build time. But, as the saying goes "you get what you paid for." CMD's are second to none IMO.

However, shop around and take a look at what people are running in your area. Its a lot easier setting up a rigger when a club member or friend has the same boat and your not familiar with riggers. Some riggers are very touchy and difficult to set-up. Their reward can be greater, but the frustration can end the project quickly too. Others are simple to set-up, offer great performance and run all day long finishing every heat.

If this is your first rigger consider the Roadrunner, Cajun Bullet and G-Force from Bob English.

Tyler

(BTW, I own four CMD riggers so I am a bit biased)

Last edited by a moderator:
i am gonna go with the sgx and have them set it up
No need for CMDI to set them up for you. The instructions that go with the rigger are really step by step and fool proof. Just stick to what they write and you have a well fabricated boat in a few weeks.

If you do want a SGX, I would recommend the 90% kits. The stuffing tube is mounted, booms drilled and aligned. All you really have to do is add you radio gear, pipe mount and then seal and paint. Their instructions are very clear and its pretty hard to mess up with a 90% kit.

Tyler

I have a RR Gas Rigger and it handles wonderfully. It handles rough water and chop without a problem. Turns on a dime. I am able to keep it on the bouys with no real speed loss. Took 2nd at the ODMBA Race.

Great boat....I suggest the RR is the way to go.

Don McGurn

I have a RR Gas Rigger and it handles wonderfully. It handles rough water and chop without a problem. Turns on a dime. I am able to keep it on the bouys with no real speed loss. Took 2nd at the ODMBA Race.Great boat....I suggest the RR is the way to go.

Don McGurn
..... and you left out that it was the boat's first race & the first time you'd run it around a set of buoys. :D

Alot of guys around here are running Rico Boats, they seem very well built and tough too. I pulled one out of a tree 2 feet off the ground and ten feet from the bank after a radio loss last year at Tampa, not even a nick in the clear :eek: And it went in WFO.......

Nothing against Andy's stuff, always top notch.....

Andy

Your right Andy first one i touched was Rons and couldnt believe how well built it was and very very easy to launch if you drop it it still launches.

I have a RR Gas Rigger and it handles wonderfully. It handles rough water and chop without a problem. Turns on a dime. I am able to keep it on the bouys with no real speed loss. Took 2nd at the ODMBA Race.Great boat....I suggest the RR is the way to go.

Don McGurn
so how about trying a compettior hydro

:ph34r:

Back