Rigger kit ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButchLaPorte

Does anyone make a kit to build a rigger like they offer in the gas. i ran nitro years ago got back into boats a couple years ago and would like to put one together . i have seen them almost built but i like to put together my own . Would really like to build a twin . Does anyone got any info . Thanks for all info given . BUTCH

If you can get the files for the boat you want, kevin will cut a very nice kit for you. You need to get the files in a dwf or similar format. Even if you can get them in pdf there are free programs that will convert it for you.More info would be helpful....size, use (saw or heat race) etc.

Butch I am waiting to hear back from Tom Morehouse regarding his Firefighter riggers. I did cut one for Ken with a few changes that turned out great. I will also have the JAE 90 and 101 available soon along with a 45 twin. Cheers Kevin

Kevin it says on Toms site that when you order the plans you get the cad files included.Did you run into some difficulties trying to import? If you need things redrawn gime my brother in law a call. David Gaines F.O.G. builders and 3dmagic lynchburg, virginia. Hes a top notch M.E. and teaches cad to engineers.

(434)6606907

Tell him I gave you the number.

Hi Hugh,

No problems with the file. I just need to sort out logistics with Tom.

Thanks for the reply's guys . Im still looking around as for what size . Trying to find out the most popular class ? any help guy's . Want something to keep me on my toe's . lol . years ago it was the 45 that had most is it still ?Would like to get into the 85 to 90 mph mark . Or as i say stupid fast . lol. Right now i have a 60mph mono and a 75 mph gas rigger so it would have to be faster then the gas rigger . lol after i figure what hull then i will be asking about motors and stuff . Thanks for all the help guy's . BUTCH

yep. they are built and with a little setting up(putting in the front sponson in the booms, dropping in you motor, Etc) ready to rock. the reason is in building a rigger unless you are really careful,skilled and paying attention to the small details there is a lot that can go wrong. I believe that most builders want to keep the problems to a min save you the end user time and energy & R&D so they offer the hulls and sponsons done. with Kits the end users are not as skilled as the builder and sometimes they are, but all the kits will not be built with the same skill. when the boat doesn't perform as the manufacture says, one looks to lay blame. the manufacture only has control of building you have control of getting the right set up and performance.

yep. they are built and with a little setting up(putting in the front sponson in the booms, dropping in you motor, Etc) ready to rock. the reason is in building a rigger unless you are really careful,skilled and paying attention to the small details there is a lot that can go wrong. I believe that most builders want to keep the problems to a min save you the end user time and energy & R&D so they offer the hulls and sponsons done. with Kits the end users are not as skilled as the builder and sometimes they are, but all the kits will not be built with the same skill. when the boat doesn't perform as the manufacture says, one looks to lay blame. the manufacture only has control of building you have control of getting the right set up and performance.
Very good point's . i just enjoy putting them together .

Latest posts

Back