riding pretty low in the back

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodneyPierce

is this normal? for the boat to ride this low in the back when just setting in the water? The maic muffler is about 1/2 in the water. Wasnt sure if this was normal, and if not, what can I do to get her to float abit better?

It will most likely sit transom low when stopped. I have to ask though, why do you care how it floats when stopped? Get the CG and prop shaft center line to where the designer says it needs to be and go run it. You can change the CG by adding lead wheel tape to the front of the boat. I would be concerned about that pipe sticking strait back though you should run a J pipe. If that thing touches the water while you are running not only will it screw with the boat ride it will cool the pipe and change the tune on the motor. It will also affect the way the boat corners .Then tune the ride from what you see on the water.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's probably not much that can be done with it seeing how the front sponsons seem to be down in the water also. I can also see that there is a slight list as the port side sponson is larger than the starboard side. You have to consider that the sponsons aren't that big either depthwise so that's going to make it sit lower at rest..

It will most likely sit transom low when stopped. I have to ask though, why do you care how it floats when stopped? Get the CG and prop shaft center line to where the designer says it needs to be and go run it. You can change the CG by adding lead wheel tape to the front of the boat. I would be concerned about that pipe sticking strait back though you should run a J pipe. If that thing touches the water while you are running not only will it screw with the boat ride it will cool the pipe and change the tune on the motor. It will also affect the way the boat corners .Then tune the ride from what you see on the water.

Possibly because it might affect the way the boat runs when on plane also? Perhaps water in the pipe? Also, I wont be adding any lead to this boat, just got done taking it all off, I am going to try and adjust by propping and motor height. If you add lead, kind of defeats the purpose of tryign to make the tunnel as light as possible. Anyhow I also dont ahve directions from the designer, as this is an MRP hull, and they are LONG gone. I bought the hull used. The pipe does touch the water, and it does cool the pipe. It is constantly sprayed on. I dont have a J pipe, as I am broke. Thanks Ron for your help, will just run it and see what happens

When I ran Magic Mufflers I would pull the end of the pipe upward with a wire bracket. I used a silicone coupler to allow the muffler to be pulled upward.

That looks like the MRP Bud Light. I believe it was 27" in length. C/G should be around 9" from the transom.

JD

When I ran Magic Mufflers I would pull the end of the pipe upward with a wire bracket. I used a silicone coupler to allow the muffler to be pulled upward.

That looks like the MRP Bud Light. I believe it was 27" in length. C/G should be around 9" from the transom.

JD

Jerry, it is the bud light, but length is 24 inches, cg right now is about 6.5 inches

Jerry's right. MRP sold it as both the Bud Light and the Mirage. The Mirage was cheaper as they didn't have to pay Anheuser-Busch for the name rights plus the cost of a larger decal sheet.

Sounds like you are good to go. I used to run that tunnel, won our District 8 Tunnel championship with it one year. JD knows where it needs to be at him and Bob Welch the guy that designed that hull are good friends. Bob is from up here where JD and I live. I bet JD could check with and verify the CG. Don't get too hung up on running no lead sometimes you need to run lead to get the CG right. And it truly won't tell you anything looking at a boat floating static it needs to be running. If the boat CG is right it will run faster and corner better than a boat that is not at the right CG. If the CG is not right it won't matter where you set the motor.

Atta Boy Rodney, "The Last thing You Do Before you Put Lead in the Boat is Blow Your Brains Out"

Hey, You know that guy shot himself,,,

is this normal? for the boat to ride this low in the back when just setting in the water? The maic muffler is about 1/2 in the water. Wasnt sure if this was normal, and if not, what can I do to get her to float abit better?

ROD /// SHORT BOAT , GONNA SET LOW

Back