rht marine sport 21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

namba276

Guys,

After spending nearly 4 years trying to re-invent the mousetrap (epoxy boats) I'm going to go back in time and build wood sport21 hulls. wood is just my bag baby...after a forgetable first day at the nats with my whip gasser I was pretty bummed knowing that our 21 boats just were'nt working well. not for district racing, let alone the nats. so I barrowed two boats that I built some years ago. One was boat number 3 or 4 of nearly 40 hand built boats. I borrowed a mac from Mike Mcnight and threw the boat together. I was pretty much blown away when we ran the boat. very fast and stable. didn't like turning left at those speeds but energized me non the less.

I was able to get my hands on a boat that I built for a friend in I believe '01. I ran the boat today and after a little tweeking and prop change, it was very fast. I was running a mac 21 with andy's st 21 muffled pipe. started out with a 215 and it was fast, but tough to drive. changed to a 440/3 and settled the boat down alot, still a missle. What a kick to drive. I'm going to make some small engine room changes to store a larger fuel tank. New cowl too.

Stay tuned...

Bob Tuttle

Last edited by a moderator:
<_< I must say it was running nice after that prop change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will do Mike, Boat's got color now ready for it's first contest this sunday. Can't wait... I haven't raced sport 21 in 3 years or so. The kids have run the class. pretty fun when they run.

I plan on building hulls in a month or two. I will keep you posted.

Bob Tuttle

Latest posts

Back