RG piston in stock sleeve?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Brady

I have a stock sleeve that is good but I want to run a new piston. I have a RG piston/sleeve that the sleeve has not been modified yet. I was wondering if I can run the RG piston in the stock sleeve? Thanks

I have a stock sleeve that is good but I want to run a new piston. I have a RG piston/sleeve that the sleeve has not been modified yet. I was wondering if I can run the RG piston in the stock sleeve? Thanks

I have done it the other way round, with a XM piston in a RG sleeve, but not sure about the opposite like you're asking.

~ James

OK,the RG piston will work with the stock sleeve. I ground the half moon on the bottom of the piston the same as the stock one and put the two holes in the sides. I get the same squish reading as I had with the stock piston. Now I have a good pinch at the top again and that was what I was looking for. The sleeve was not showing much wear but the piston was. Now whit the new piston it feels good again.

You can use a small pipe cutter and put two grooves around the top of the piston and it will swell it out and make a good fit on your piston.You don't went to over do it.The piston will last a little longer.

Dave Roach

Latest posts

Back